Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Integra
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I put a new fuel pump into my 1990 turbo civic but now it wont start. I put an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator on it and when I turn the key the pressure goes up to 45 but then quickly disappears. When I listen to both the aftermarket regulator and the stock one it sounds like the fuel is rushing through whereas on my brothers EF it primes then stops instead of letting it out.

Everything on the fuel tank is hooked up and looking good.

Do you guys know why a fuel pressure regulator wouldn't hold pressure even after trying different ones? We also changed injectors and still happens.

·
Registered
1988 Integra
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

Both stuck open. We took off the return and it sprayed out gas so there's gas at the regulator and it indicates 45 but it doesn't seem to hold that pressure.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Key on. Let pump prime then when pump clicks off after 2 seconds, pinch off return line after regulator and see if pressure drops. That will help you isolate the regulator or pump not holding pressure after priming. If it holds, pump is the issue....unless your injectors are bleeding down. To confirm that pull injectors at manifold, while still in rail and test again.

Cheers

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts
If you're seeing the same issue with the OEM and aftermarket FPR, I would be highly suspicious of the fuel pump. OEM FPRs do fail but from what I've seen it's pretty damn rare

·
Registered
1988 Integra
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!

We will be able to fix if from here because we have

1) Install a new fuel pump - from an eg that we wired in. We will replace that.
2) The drain bolt on the tank did have some gas accumulation so it probably needs new copper washers.

On a side note doing the fuel pump on the EFs has been the only thing working on these cars where it has been really really difficult.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts