Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok instead of the same old catbck exhaust I have decided to throw an idea out there that I want to do. Remove the 2.5inch kteller catback I have now... and do a custom 3 inch dp back with an inline resonator with the tip ending before the passenger rear tire... the tip would be a square tip, like the z28's kinda have.... and to finsih it off I would take my rear lip off and where the hump is, have it filled in and smoothened out and re-painted so it looks clean... WHAT YA THINK?!?

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
sounds good but why not make the exhaust come out the side before the tire? i think that would be pretty badass

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
the way i see it in my head... seems like somethiing different yet cool.... you gonna do it yourself or will it be a "shop job"?

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good but why not make the exhaust come out the side before the tire? i think that would be pretty badass
thats what I want.... or what I was trying to say.. I have seen it a lot and I think it looks a lot less ricey and more performance minded... I see it on m3's and evos out here... never a civic... I think im gonna do it..

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the way i see it in my head... seems like somethiing different yet cool.... you gonna do it yourself or will it be a "shop job"?
both... I work with a few guys that will hook me up on a niec setup... Ill post pics when its done...

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
2nd one....

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think im gonna rock a test pipe to try to quiet it as much as I can.... this obx makes a decent one? or megan? it shouldnt be too loud should it?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
That is a good idea. But if it was me I rather just exit it right off the passenger side of the front bumper. I really don't like anything hanging under the side skirt. Anything straight through without a cat is going to be pretty loud. But not as loud as running N/A.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is a good idea. But if it was me I rather just exit it right off the passenger side of the front bumper. I really don't like anything hanging under the side skirt.
im rockin the si skirts, they arent too low or agressive... so it will look clean I think... im thinking about doing this first week in spring

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That is a good idea. But if it was me I rather just exit it right off the passenger side of the front bumper. I really don't like anything hanging under the side skirt. Anything straight through without a cat is going to be pretty loud. But not as loud as running N/A.
ill be running a few resonators i think.... test pipe and an additional 3 inch resonator.... it should be hella deep i think...

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I would like to see it when it's done. I though about this idea a few years back but decided against it. If you can make it flow nice with the body than go for it.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would like to see it when it's done. I though about this idea a few years back but decide against it. If you can make it flow nice with the body than go for it.
oh no worries playa... you will see it when u finally fucking meet up with me... lol!!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts