Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend is giving me his d16z6 because of a swap he is doing. i really want to turbo but i want to build the head first, then the bottom end then turbo. then maybe some nitrous

my question is what are some of the companys out there that make good parts for the d-series. valves, springs, cams. im looking to get about 250 hp when all things are said and done(after the head and bottom end are built and the turbo is on but with no nitrous), but prob about 180 to the ground daily driver.

any help with compnaies would be greatly appreciated

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you need to do the bottom end first. the stock head cna handle up to 16psi w/o issues. after than you chance burning a valve or floating one due to seat pressures not strong enought to hold udner boosting.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the reason i wanted to build the head was because ive noticed a trend in alot of the magazines lately and that is to build the head (along with the bottom end) that way you can keep boost levels low but still reep the benefits of high boost. (i guess i was just going to start with the head due to being on a budget and having to work on it piece by piece)

i have no rush to get this in my car. its kind of like a project that i want to enjoy and spend some time making it perfect in my eyes.

any thoughts on building the head to keep boost pressure low i wouldnt mind hearing. i really havent seen this topic yet on this board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts