Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I work at Sams Club...and a guy that works with me has been dealing with GM(general motors) for about 5 months now. he was sittin at his kitchen table 1 day playin with magnets from his fridge when he got a sudden idea of a engine for cars/trucks/trains..WUTEVER!! hes already gotten a patend(sp)on it..so dont think about tryin it ..but it operatates completly off of very strong magnets..requires no fuel, coolant or electricty. Him and GM are still talkin about it and figuring out how this would work into their vehicles..and also workin some bugs out like how it is gunna stop moving and how you would work a tranny onto it...since the engine stays at a constant RPM. The guy has already sent a small version of the design to GM...so their doin some research on it. But if this goes thru, its gunna be a big thing. Magnets are very strong and these engines will produce a lot of HP and torque. So be lookin to hear somethin about this in the near months

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure how it works...he drew me a drawing on the basics of how it works but he wouldnt go into details...all i kno is that it runs off the magnetic pull and push of magnets...and as far as the turbo goes....sorry, no air :cockbloc:

·
Registered
97 Civic CX Hatch
836 Posts
hmmm...I have an idea of how it may work...it's gotta work off of magnetic repulsion/attraction...you just have to have a way to flip the magnets around, or else it'll stop moving. It's sorta hard to believe, though, that it doesn't use electricity or an outside fuel...something about that impossible perpetual motion machine...you gotta have some type of energy to keep it going...

See if you can find the patent number on it so we can look it up.

M

·
0 Posts
impossible perpetual motion - sounds about right...

some energy needs to be used in order to power it..

basic laws of physics

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
hard to believe, but do-able, and I'm sure that it's been thought of before.

I'm calling bs.......................sorry

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
bs here to maybe im just confused i dont get how it would stop moving if it worked

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
if it is using magnetics in a circular maner in the proper sequence (true random) along with the correct sequence in the strength of magnets, then this would be COMPLETELY possible...i myself have been pondering this for about a year, but no real way of proving weather or not it will work, so therefor i have not patent it yet for the simple fact that it is not a proven theory...BTW, this would not be concidered true perpetual motion, for the simple fact the perpetual motion is the definition of what is in motion stays in motion WITHOUT any outside factors...in this example however, they are outside factors, it just so happens to be an unlimited amount of force, magnits don't have to be re-energized or replenished because they use the magnetic field of the earth to create a sheild of energy...when used corrected can be a powerful tool...

·
Registered
97 Civic CX Hatch
836 Posts
BTW, this would not be concidered true perpetual motion, for the simple fact the perpetual motion is the definition of what is in motion stays in motion WITHOUT any outside factors...in this example however, they are outside factors, it just so happens to be an unlimited amount of force, magnits don't have to be re-energized or replenished because they use the magnetic field of the earth to create a sheild of energy...
You're just stating Newton's law. There will always be outside factors influencing the motion of the machine. Friction, gravity, inertia, etc, are all outside forces. A perpetual motion machine has to overcome all of these forces to keep itself moving, but without any outside help in the form of a fuel that cannot be renewed by the machine.

You're somewhat correct in saying that magnets do not need to be renewed, but wrong in how they are produced. Some weaker magnets would need to be renewed depending on what they encounter (ever heard of a "demagnetizer"?) The earth does not create a "shield of energy" around an object. It's due to the dipoles inside the material...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
spdracer22 said:
You're just stating Newton's law. There will always be outside factors influencing the motion of the machine. Friction, gravity, inertia, etc, are all outside forces. A perpetual motion machine has to overcome all of these forces to keep itself moving, but without any outside help in the form of a fuel that cannot be renewed by the machine.

You're somewhat correct in saying that magnets do not need to be renewed, but wrong in how they are produced. Some weaker magnets would need to be renewed depending on what they encounter (ever heard of a "demagnetizer"?) The earth does not create a "shield of energy" around an object. It's due to the dipoles inside the material...
this is true...i apologize for the wrong information, and wrong wording...what i meant to say is that true purpertual motion is something that cannot be acheived on this world due to gravity, friction, and whatever else can be used to stop something we have no control over...

here is the definition that i use for perpetual motion:
The hypothetical continuous operation of an isolated mechanical device or other closed system without a sustaining energy source.

so perpetual motion cannot be if you need to have some sort of sustaining energy...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to spdracer22 again.
sorry i tried to give you rep for catching my mistake about the earth and magnets...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
correct, hence why i said that this machine that is being talked about cannot be perpetual motion...now it can be labeled as free motion, a way to create free energy, such as electricity...if i were the guy and wanted to make a car out of this thing, i would create it as a generator and then use the electricity created to drive an electric motor to accelerate the vehicle...i mean hell at this point it will be just an electric car...

·
Registered
95 Posts
That would make it like a train engine. They use huge deisel motors to generate power to run giant electric motors to run the drive wheels.

·
Registered
97 Civic CX Hatch
836 Posts
correct. It cannot be perpetual...but, the guy who originally posted stated that there's no "fuel". Not even electricity...wtf?? Like honda4vw said, there's no way for it to be mechanical because of the friction, unless it would somehow produce more energy than was put into it...which is impossible...because all a mechanical device does is convert energy, not produce it...

Anyway! I think we need some patent #'s so we can look this up and validate it...And, if the guy does, indeed have patent numbers, he shouldn't be hesitant to give them out...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts