Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only thing that changed was upgraded my turbo ebay 57 trim to garrett GT3076R heres the results.

Old

New

Overlayed Comparison

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
nice numbers :bigok:

your first set of #s looks oddly familiar.. oh yeah, i was close to the same with my old built y7 :lol:

any ripper vids? :yes:.... yes, i realize you lost your pulley and this might not happen for a while. :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
great #'s, and you didn't even have to rev the piss out of it.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
looks great man.....now you need to set up up to rev higher and really take advantage of that turbo....

great job and ripper vids are always a dso requirement in conjunction with dyno vids :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
I love that spool up! Great numbers! Was the ebay turbo running 25PSI also? If it is then that seems a little low for a 57 Trim at 25PSI even if it is a ebay turbo. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So did the max psi stay the same between both turbos? How much psi are you running? Nice numbers.
Yes

Damn, those are impressive results for simply swapping out turbos. Even makes more power sooner than the egay turbo :TU: :TU:

Same boost for both runs?
Yes
I love that spool up! Great numbers! Was the ebay turbo running 25PSI also?
Yes

both turbos were between 24-25psi i personally believe that the difference comes from a few things, Journal Bearing vs Ball Bearing, Ebay vs Name Brand, CFM Flow Difference, All around Bigger Turbo.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
CFM Flow Difference, All around Bigger Turbo.
^^^^^this is why, you gained 60+hp/tq^^^^^

kick ass on the numbers and its notec, thats makes it even more impressivie

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Nice upgrade! This thread should be stickied to show all those why you would want to run a "name brand" turbo versus an eBay unit.

·
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!
2,875 Posts
Nice upgrade! This thread should be stickied to show all those why you would want to run a BIGGER turbo versus an eBay smaller unit.
corrected.

The reason he made more power was the turbo size, I can almost bet if you got say a godspeed turbo, and spec'd it to a name brand turbo with the SAME STYLE bearing it would be a pussy hair difference. The ball bearing turbos are nice yes but have fun paying 900 to rebuild it for only 200-400rpms difference in spool time.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nice upgrade! This thread should be stickied to show all those why you would want to run a "name brand" turbo versus an eBay unit.
Nice #s man. Black 92 you do realize these are two completely different sized turbos. The difference in power didnt come from whether its a ebay unit or a name brand. He couldve went with a lager chinese made turbo and had higher #s than the 44 trim he used before.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice #s man. Black 92 you do realize these are two completely different sized turbos. The difference in power didnt come from whether its a ebay unit or a name brand. He couldve went with a lager chinese made turbo and had higher #s than the 44 trim he used before.
44trim?? my old turbo was a 57trim and cfm flow rates are not significantly different i dont think...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts