Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I traded in the 2005 Legacy GT Wagon on one of these guys.

2015, unfortunately it doesn't have the performance pack, but it was the right price. I'm thinking a Unitronic or CTS downpipe, a Unitronic intake (carbon fiber sexiness), and a "Stage 2" flash (I hate the euro stage thing), and it should make a great daily as long as the clutch holds up.

The red civic coupe is still in my shop on jack stands, and I haven't abandoned it yet, but there is a hiccup. My friend, shop owner, and guy I was going to race with in CSCS just sold his shop and is going down to Austin to work for COBB. This takes some of the fun out of it, and I have to decide what direction to go with that now.

I could build and race, light build and auto-x, or just put it back together as a beater.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Captain obvious is obvious lol.

I dig those body style VDubs. My homie always talks shyt on Volkswagen's but I dont let it sway my desire to have a Mk1 Rabbit with those big eyes all sexy and small and fun. Or a 2000 ish turbo GTi, drove one for a bit, was a fun car.

Is that the Golf R?

Edit: NVMD looks like a GTI, I just re read your first post. Still a good looking beast.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,296 Posts
*insert check engine light glow joke here

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
^
lol

Captain obvious is obvious lol.

I dig those body style VDubs. My homie always talks shyt on Volkswagen's but I dont let it sway my desire to have a Mk1 Rabbit with those big eyes all sexy and small and fun. Or a 2000 ish turbo GTi, drove one for a bit, was a fun car.

Is that the Golf R?

Edit: NVMD looks like a GTI, I just re read your first post. Still a good looking beast.
They don't make a 2 door R, and I wanted a 2 door hatch. If they start making the R in a 2 door then I will probably trade up.

I did talk to my friend at COBB tonight, and he made it sound like they will have the Access Port for the 15+ later this year.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you do any research and see if they fixed all the high pressure fuel cam follower? My a4 has 116k on the original, I'm scared to see what it looks like.
No, but I am going to go back to the dealership when I get back from vacation. I am getting burning clutch smell, so I need to have them check it see if something is hanging up (no I don't rest my foot on the clutch pedal).

I googled the issue you mentioned. It doesn't look like there is anything they can do about it, but it does look like something I will need to inspect yearly.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
*insert check engine light glow joke here

Well, no CEL, but it's going back to the dealership so they can look at the clutch.

right click save as for a vid

4th gear, right foot down, RPM and noise up, but there is a serious lack of go fast. :TD:

I spoke with the head of the service department, and he said they will replace whatever needs to be replaced (under warranty until 60k), and give me a loaner in the mean time.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,296 Posts
fingers crossed it doesn't come back with a cel

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Picked the car up from the dealer Friday morning. Yesterday I found a puddle under the car. It looks like it is leaking coolant from the back of the engine above the passenger side inner CV.

WTF was I thinking? I should have gone with the WRX or waited for the new Civic Si.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
lol, not at your pain, just your reaction. Is it too late to retract your loan or trade or whatever to come out even and make a purchase of the said WRX? Sometimes lemon laws help, not sure here though.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have to look at the purchase agreement to see if I can get back out of it. Lemon law in MI needs to have like a month in the shop or 4 times in for the same problem. I don't think that will help in my case, but I am going to do some digging later today if I have some time.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Look up steve lehto, he does a lemon law podcast and he works in MI

1 - 20 of 65 Posts