Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i was looking for a beater, found this 4G civic the thing had no back window, it was sitting on 4 spare tires. Apparently the dude screwed another guys ex 6 months after they brokeup, and he took out his anger on the civic. No matter tho, my buddy has another dead civic that i stole the hatch from and i had a set of GSR's i just bought the week before.

I thought it was a decent deal at the time considering it was running (I paid $500), it burned oil tho, it had a decent body, rusty of course but not that bad considering its prob been thru a bunch of winters.

well the day after i bought it and cleaned it all up, i noticed a check engine light come on (wasnt on when i bought it), and it was starting to bog really badly at low speeds. then on my drive home from work, it bogs really bad again, and i hear a CLUNK! turns out my tbelt snapped....oh well i guess i got hosed on the deal, you live you learn!

anyways enough about my blabbing heres the pixors!

man these were ugly! they quickly got changed out for a set of spare Si seats i had!

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres how she sits now as of an hour ago.

waiting for something to go in...i have lined up another stock D15B2 that had been rebuilt , but the guy wants like $400 for it....i just want something thats gonna be reliable! have been thinking about switching to a B18! lol

also came with a fart can exhaust, doesnt sound that bad actually its about the only thing on the car that is newish.

ahhh much better!
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

engine is all prepped to be pulled out! only the 2 side bolts for the mounts need to be removed.... just need to get my hands on a crane and another engine of course.

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
looks like it is going to be a nice project what are your plans for the car???
nothing drastic as its gonna be my beater, i want something relaible, thats all! and i already have another project car in the works (see my sig) that is also currently at a halt due to clutch/transmissions issues.

altho i do plan on sanding the car down repainting it white (with spray paint haha), so the hatch matches and so i can get some deep marks out due to it being keyed lol....

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
This will be another badass ED by Mr. Funky!!!! :TU:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
nice pickup man!!! you wanting to sell those blades?

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
CRX
1,475 Posts

·
El Noob
98 Civic EX/ 86 MR2
2,794 Posts
Nice. Good luck with the progress. Work your magic senor funkified.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
thanks for the comments everyone! rep fo those who posted!!! :holla:

looks good, IMO on the new hatch put the red center piece between the lights on there i think it looks alot better. 500 isnt that bad even if it aint running but ran when you got it
ya that will be done! i just have to take it off the old white hatch that i replaced

give me your wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmmmmmm......thanks but no thanks lol

nice pickup man!!! you wanting to sell those blades?
i just got em no way im sellin! haha

i got really lucky on those wheels too picked them up for $175 from this older guy that originally had a GSR, then he got a 350Z, and when i picked up the wheels there was a brand new 335i coupe! the guy liked his 2 doors lol.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
shit looks hot man. An LS in there would be fuckin sick

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
ya that will be done! i just have to take it off the old white hatch that i replaced
i dont know if youve taken them off before but be careful bc those lil tabs that you take the nut off to remove it like to break easy. ive broken a couple when replacing mine

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont know if youve taken them off before but be careful bc those lil tabs that you take the nut off to remove it like to break easy. ive broken a couple when replacing mine
no i havent actually, thanks fo the heads up!

so i think im gonna decide against the B swap for now, im just gonna pick up this rebuilt D15 with about 12-15K on it for $350. the swap will be much easier as i wont have to buy any swap parts. I do have a B18 available in my other beater DA but im gonna sell that one to my buddy for $500 so really im only putting the cost of the engine in the car, thus keeping things cheap.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice, thats what i was going to do, get another 91 si and do somthing d related and no more down time when getting stuff done to my other ed7. Keep it uo man!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts