Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a d16a from a jdm importer. I have done some searching and cant find much on these motors but i am wondering what a good setup would be like first off what kind of IM would fit this motor? would a y8 work or even a z6 bexuase i had to put my d15z1 on and is small and shitty. and info and ideas on what i should do or where i can get some aftermarket internals.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
D16A SOHC was never rated at 130 ps, just the DOHC version. It is rumored that the D16A SOHC was rated at 120ps, which I could see if using a Z6 style intake manifold.

IMHO the D16 was best served by the Z6 intake and not VTEC. I think my D15B7 dyno runs prove my point.

Nothing fancy either :)

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic Si
200 Posts
"D16A intake looks just like my Z6 intake. Same runners, same diameter, same sensors, same injectors... D16A had P32 IPT-1 stamped on it and my Z6 had P08 HF-1. That's the only difference I should see."

Trannszex, I saw that the D16A SOHC from a 97 EK5 also made 120 hp from some chessy site:

http://www.alljapanesecars.com/viewcr.php3?mk=Honda&md=Civic&yr=1997&mc=EK5

So what's the difference in the SOHC D16A and a Z6? If the blocks, pistons, heads, intakes are all the same. The only thing I can't verify is if the cams are different. Any ideas?

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic Si
200 Posts
ryan89crx said:
someone needs to pull apart one of these bitches and compare stamps]

what is the stamp on your d16a head?

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33882

"The head is marked P08-2 on the D16A and the z6 has P08-6. The cam on the D16A is marked CW52 and B325 on the z6. are the cams any different other than codes???"

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh god, to have to put the OWNAGE in this thread too?

No 130 PS D16A's, huh? Then whats this:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts