Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes as the title says...I just got an ACT HC5-HDSS clutc / Street Lite Flywheel installed yesterday and my question is why does it smell...it smells like when it first gave out a few months ago but not as strong...is this a new break in smell OR is there something the installer did not do right? TIA.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are you following the break in procedure?

I don't recall noticing any clutch smell when replacing clutches in the past.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gabe said:
Are you following the break in procedure?
yeah i'm taking it easy for the first 500 miles...and trying to avoid the sliping...it probably me thats not driving the car right because its harder the fact i have a lighter flywheel which is causing me to keep my foot longer on the clutch so the car wont turn off on me...could that be the reason? well hope to get some more feed back thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rexinre said:
Did you put your greasy fingers all over the clutch when you installed it? That might have something to do with it.
it was installed by a shop...so i wouldnt know but if that was the case will the smell go away after a few miles...i would like to know before calling the shop tomorrow and hear what they say...thanks

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
is your clutch fluid low? maybe you're leaking it through the cylinder.

Somehow, when I was burning up my clutch starting in 3rd, (no 1st or 2nd gear) the boot covering the cylinder was full of fluid ... that's where some of the burnt smell came from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts