Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine is an engineer for American Honda at the Marysville, Oh factory. He pretty much has a dream job there. Currently he is designing the braking system for the New NSX. Honda has flown him to the Nurburgring and race tracks all over the states as well. He has gotten the chance to drive most of the new supercars available today to evaluate the braking systems. This includes the new Porsche 918 and the new McLaren. Anyway I was speaking with him last night and he told me the New type R IS coming to the US but not this year. He also told me he isn't involved with that project but to the best of his knowledge there are no type R's roaming the streets of Ohio. That's all the info I could get out of him right now. He did say that Dario Franchitti is on his way to the Honda factory to help evaluate the car. He also said Honda has already published release dates for the NSX and they are scrambling to meet the deadline. I have to catch him off guard in order for him to tell me any secret info. Years ago Honda released a dual muffler crf250f and he told me about the testing a year before it was released. I happened to mention it to Mitch Payton at the Indianapolis dealer show. He didn't get in trouble but everyone got an ass chewing. Hey I got some cool Pro Circuit stuff for free out of the deal. :)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Old news.

Ask him about the weight restrictions for the NSX test drivers Honda mandated for the long term tests next door at the TRC....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll ask him anything about the nsx you guys want to know. He had told me they are having a hard time getting the car production ready within Hondas time frame. He also said in the beginning of the project Honda wanted a Ferrari 348 to test but couldn't find one. After testing the technicians decided to do a teardown on the car for complete inspection. They couldn't figure out how to reassemble the car so they had to purchase it from the buyer.
I don't follow the NSX or the Type since they are both a wet dream that would never come true for me, so if I gave info. that was old I apologize.

I will ask him about weight restrictions for test drivers as well. He has his own personal NSX test car, but it was scheduled to hit the crusher earlier this week. He asked if he could drive it home one time before it was dead and Honda said definitely no. One thing that surprised is that after testing all of these cars Honda benchmarked the NSX against the Audi R8. As for the hyper cars he said they are unbelievable. The Porsche 918 was turning faster lap times at willow springs then some of the full on race cars out testing that day. He told me at race speed the car is a handful. He also said some of these cars braking components cost 15000$ to replace. I'm kinda jumping around I guess so if you want me to ask him questions shoot away. He most likely will not give me actual hp numbers.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,931 Posts
Yup, this was revealed a while back at the NYAS with the CTR likely being the last trim to be released.

Given that the CTR has yet to be released in it's primary market, I definitely wouldn't expect to see it as a 2016 MY.

My gut tells me it's coming toward the end of next year as a 2017 MY which is fine with me...more time to save ;)

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Ugly, heavy turd. It will be like diarhea: really fast but still crappy.

Honda has no )(*#$)(*#$ clue these days. The NSX is ugly and totally unrevolutionary. This Type R is a )(#*$)(*$# 4 door. WTF is this crap? Meh.

I won't ever buy a new Honda. Their engine pipeline blows. Their cars are just turds. NOTHING is exciting or sexy or innovative.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Ugly, heavy turd. It will be like diarhea: really fast but still crappy.

Honda has no )(*#$)(*#$ clue these days. The NSX is ugly and totally unrevolutionary. This Type R is a )(#*$)(*$# 4 door. WTF is this crap? Meh.

I won't ever buy a new Honda. Their engine pipeline blows. Their cars are just turds. NOTHING is exciting or sexy or innovative.
Soichiro Honda died in 1991, and I feel like everything body wise designed after he died took a big nosedive.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Wow... I just watched the NSX video on the acura website.... It was like watching a video for an Mac product...

"Look its SHINEY!"
"Whats it do? How well does it perform?"
"Shut your stupid face with your dumb questions! Its shiney! Thats what matters!"

The video is just the car driving straight, it doesnt even turn or accelerate or anything. They literally throw up the "professional driver on a closed course" warning for when it changes lanes very sedately.

The whole thing seems heavily CGIed with an engine noise soundtrack going in the background. I would honestly LOVE to see the EXACT same video with an average riding lawnmower, which could easily pull off everything done by the NSX in that video.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts