Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently took my turbo out. Now im rollin on a 4-2-1 dc sports header aem cai and apex WS2. The car dosent pull like it did with the turbo obviously, but im happy with my choice of bolt ons. Im happy with the mid range from my dc 4-2-1 header. But i want to add a little kick, with addition of the zex cam. How hard is it to instal it and what do I need??? (59100) I know i need a cam gear but how do I set it up. Any info would be great, thanx

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Arachnid said:
haynes or helms will help you out.
agreed on that,
and sorry to ask but what'd you do with the turbo?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the turbo kit +31FMIC and turbo xs bov is for sale, all for ONLY $1,800

·
Registered
936 Posts
i usually take the valve cover and spark plugs off first. then with a 10mm socket take off the 4 bolts (2 on each side) on the left and right side of valve train assembly. in the middle with a 12mm socket you turn in 1/4 increments the top mid screw, bottom mid screw, and then in a criss cross pattern witht the adjacent scews moving your way outwards. you must do this to relieve pressure evenly on the valve train assembly and not break or warp something.

installation: make sure to lube the crap outa the camshaft with engine installation lube, when placing the valve train assembly on make sure your mid rocker is up and not in the wrond direction as it tends to turn over, need 2 people for symplicity, intall the exact opposite way until bolts are tight, i don't torque my bolts but they are 14lbs for the 12mm and 8lbs for the 10mm bolts, set valve clearance....

usual lash for valve is .007in for intake and .009in for exhaust, start from rockers on cylinder 1 then to 3,4, and finally 2. intake side first. do this while you're rotating the camgear 1/4 a turn counter clockwise for each cylinder. start at tdc.

set your camgear to tdc, put on timing belt and be sure both crank and cam are at tdc. put valve cover and plugs back on and you're done.

now start the car and let run for about 10-15 min, drive for around 400-500 miles, do not slam gas pedal, let engine cool alittle bit, reset valve lash, check for adnormal wear on rockers and camshaft (do not take apart again), now install other stuff you removed and have fun at 7200rpms.

and after all this go get a haynes or helms (reccomended). it's much easier to have the book right there when you're doing all of this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts