Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i just got the hatch two days ago and i am just looking to get around 200hp and it is going to be my daily driver
Oh wow. Well, Welcome to the site, congrats on the new ride.

I'm going to ask a funny question but it's for very good reason:

Do you have alot of your favorite tastey beverage on hand in the fridge?

Why do I ask this, on a car forum no less...? Well, to be frank, you have a lot of searching a reading to do, lots and lots of research. If this doesn't sound like a lot of fun, then you should log out now and join superhonda.

There Is a whole wealth of information to be had on this site, but with every new post like yours it is pushed further and further down into the archives. It's up to you to search and read the stickies, they are more than just a little helpful.

Each section on this site has a good use. Once you've got the engine putting out more power, you can look into the transmission to squeeze that powerband for everything it's worth.

I'm not goig to lie, 200hp is a real commitment all motor, and kind of a wet noodle number when talking FI, so you might find yourself tweaking that number once you've learned a bit more.

but again, Welcome! :)

Edit: Don't be afraid to use the noob section either, its just a name. No judgement there.

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic SI
2,509 Posts
Welcome to the site, your not going to get 200whp on a cam i/h/e not with a d, not even fine tuning the parimeters , but as 89s1 said, search around the information is to be found on this site. Welcome again (btw cam regrinds are good way to go check into Bisimoto,Exospeed,Delta Cam, There are others but search and you shall find.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
I'm so happy to see this situation handled so smoothly by the nOOB. Welcome to the site BTW. No attitude, no smart mouth and no name calling. Very nice. My faith in humanity has been restored.

Happy searching by the way. There is a shit-ton of info here. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah welcome do some research in the n/a section. but if you really want what you said 200hp. you are gonna need a turbo or nitrous or s/c. otherwise aint gonna happen,unless you dish out ALLLLOOOTTT of money. dont compare a b series with 200hp to a d with 200hp. we dont need 200hp to run with B's. search around you'll see why. you will LOVE 150-160whp n/a d series powerband.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
ok i will thanks
You're going to learn a lot here and have a few laughs too the way you're going.

You've got the right attitude, thats for sure. A bit more patience is all you were missing.

However, witha new car/toy to play around with, I can see why it's all top of mind right here, right now type stuff.

:blue:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Don't jump into things like a head swap and ECU until you see all your options. It may seem like a good option(not that it isnt) but you may want to go a different direction once you find out more info in this site. Just lurk around and take in all the info first.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i have been looking and i have found a d16z6 head and a ecu for 300 is that a good way to go
You're still putting the cart before the horse. Do you know the specs on the d16z6 minime? how much power and torque it makes?

See what I mean?

When we say "look around" we mean look for information, not parts to buy that you have no idea how to use.

Sounds logical right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts