Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im picking up a z6 complete head for dirt cheap, and ive got a y8 block and tranny laying around. Was thinking of putting the z6 head on the y8 block. Anyone do this yet ? also any suggestions about how i should with this build.

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
Lots of people have done it and lots of people have written about it. Welcome to the forum, click here and start educating yourself.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/search.php

Post again if/when you have more specific questions that people havent already answered numerous times.

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
Yes, it has been done. He was being sarcastic, although I'm sure you knew that already.

Vtak=death seems like sage advice or using a DOHC vtec solenoid on a SOHC cylinder head also seems like a winner (that's me being sarcastic). He was fucking with you for good reason.

Anyhow, it's not difficult to do and you should have no trouble figuring out the details involved. Good luck........seriously.

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
i was fuckin with ya bro, if you search the z6/y8 has been tons of time. you type z6 y8 bam 1000000000 results. super simple. just use the head of whatever obd ecu you are running

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
i was fuckin with ya bro, if you search the z6/y8 has been tons of time. you type z6 y8 bam 1000000000 results. super simple. just use the head of whatever obd ecu you are running
head has nothing to do with the OBD of the car unless its a 99-00 y8 head with air injection holes which are easily blocked off. Its the block you wanna try to keep with the OBD for ease of use. I myself will doing this exact combo in the coming months. You just need to use z6 head studs and make sure you use the z6 cam and cam gear

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
dizzys are interchangeable between heads, or you can get a jumper harness

1 - 11 of 11 Posts