Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe this is the wrong place to start the thread.. but here goes...

i finally finnished building my engine.
here are the specs:

skuink2 im
hondata im gasket
d16 tb
550cc injectors
vitara pistons
eagle rods
1 stepcold plugs

the motor starts up right away. it idles a lil rough. when i put it in 1st and start to move its sputter up to 2000. when i put it in second it it will go up to 2200 and third up to 2500. im using crome 1.2, using the p28 map modded for no o2 and 550cc injectors. its all motor right now no boost yet.

what am i doing wrong here? any help would be greatly apreciated.

thanx
fernando

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that what i thoug but then i started to think ... "i put 550cc injectors, modded the map for them. i didnt add anymore fuel anywere. why?" lol. the o2 is disabled bc its broken. but i had the car running like that fine with the other engine. does anymore have a bin for a stock map with 550's? thanx for the reply though +1

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sure thing man. Id say get that o2 issue fixed and tune it with the o2. That will give you a better idea of what your stoich is. What are you basing your tune on? Using wideband? As far as basemaps go, id check out pgmfi.org, they have a ton of basemaps. If they dont have it, im sure someone around here has got one.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im still waiting on pgmfi.org to send me the activation link.. ugghhhhhhh. lol. r u member there? can u email me a bin? thanx

[email protected]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not a member but ive browsed there a few times. Sorry I cant help with the map but, like i said, im sure someone here can help with that.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kinda sorta... but that still doesnt explain why its running rich. if its disabled

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
when you made the map... did you install fuel tools??

you cant add injector sizing until you install fuel tools the map will be all messed up..

if you want you can send me your map and i can take a look at it

do you have any kind of instant messanger?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no i didnt install fue tools. how and where do i get it? where can i send you the bin?? thanx man + 1 million for u

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
You need to download xenocron's version of crome 1.2 (includes all plugin,fuel tools boost tools advanced tables iacv disable iacv control,launch control,correct map sensor setting ets etc.)

Do you have a wideband o2 sensor?

Not having the stock o2 sensor isn't really your problem, since you can't really tune right with it.It does and can however help with cruise and part throttle and enviornmental changes like temp humidity etc etc.The ecu will basically just run off the maps with it disabled,so the problem is in your maps.My car runs 100% fine with no 02.

Are you using crome free or crome pro?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
im trying to help him with a map right now.. well see how it goes im using crome 1.4.5 i like it the best imo

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
1.4 is pretty much the same as xeno's crome,with everything already setup options wise so you don't have to go threw the hassle of plugins.& less bugsThe first 1.4.4 version I tried I couldn't get the car I was tuning to idle right, so I switched back and had zero problems.I download a newer 1.4r3 but haven't used it.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
ive tried making him maps.. it keeps idling then when he hits teh gas it dies.. i made alteast 4 different maps with his injector sizing.. im stumped

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
What motor is he runing? I can try one.Are you guys trying different injector offsets?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanx siregcivic!!! ur da man!!!! thanx thanx thanx!!!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
got it running he said they were 550's i tried 450s it ran a little better but not at all.. then i put the 370's and it runs bitchen now so idk whats going on...

i went through maybe 10 different maps just trying to get it to idle im in cali and hes in miami so everything was over aim.. i couldnt physically go look at the car or anything..

but he said it runs good revs up good so idk.. i told him to street tune it immediately with a wideband to get the afr's correct then break it in

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts