Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew my motor last summer going [email protected] on a stock bottom end. It lasted well over a year so i had fun. Now it's time to get serious. Here's what i'm building now:

D16Z6 block bored .020
D16Z6 head (stock for now)
Arias Pistons (9.0:1)
Scat H-beam rods
Top mount manifold
T3/T4 57 trim turbo (25-30psi at the track and dyno)
4" downpipe
3" exhaust with cutout
345cc injectors
P28 ecu running Crome
Intercooler (32x9x3)
Slicks (for now 22x9.5x13)
Diamond Star Racing rims (13x8)
Aluminum Raditaor
Alcohol Injection Kit (Devil's Own)
Rebuilt tranny with an ACT 4 puck clutch and lightened flywheel

I think that's it. If i have forgotten something feel free to ask. I hoping to crack 400hp and 300tq. Let me know what you guys think, any advice would be awesome.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
:stupid:

Bigger injectors or just build a new motor now

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured i would need bigger injectors eventually. How much hp do you think those injectors are good till? I only plan on running 20 psi this year until i upgrade the head in the winter.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If your lucky 200HP and everything goes to hell. Your going to need 550's or better to run 20+PSI on a 57 trim

·
Registered
42 Posts
12.56 with stock bottom end!!! WOW!! :bravo: what motor was it and what else was done to it?? i would like to know
Turbo?
head work?
manifold etc...

thanks man:bravo:

·
sub-sponsor
5,175 Posts

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
ya you'll need atleast 720s to break 400 safely.

352 is about the limit on 550s at 80 percent duty cycle.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yea sounds like a killer build but like everyone stated, those are some small injectors to be running... my brother (evosol) maxed his DSM450 injectors out at 323hp at 18psi with a 50trim... N/A b-series guys that make around 200-225 run 330cc so dont plan on making anything more than 230 with
345cc.:hammer:

·
Registered
31 Posts
<--jealous.. but with everyone else on the injectors.. run higher becuase you need to and will invariably turn up the boost!

·
Random Hero
2,624 Posts
aside from the injectors, what about the overbore?

I have no experience in this, but it seems like common knowledge around here that you don't want to bore the d-series sleeves. Someone else can possibly touch on that a bit more.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
^^ makes the cylinder walls a bit thin... not good for higher boost applications for obvious reasons. better to just sleeve it at that point id think

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i'm not done buying parts yet so i guess i should add bigger injectors to the list then. The reason i'm going with the overbore is i don't know how good of shape things are in so to be safe i was just going to bore them to clean everything up. Have a lot of people had problems with crack a sleeve after they have been bored out?

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
.20 is only 75.5 right? you should be fine at 75.5. thats what im gonna run

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it should be if i'm not mistakin'. I mean in the grand scheme of things that's really not a lot i'm machining off the sleeves. It shouldn't have that big of an affect.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I definitely will keep you guys up to date. I'll take some pictures of the stuff when i get a hold of a camera. I've been without the my car for over a year so i just want to get it running again so i'll use the 345cc injectors and max those out and whatever numbers i get, that's what i get. If i get 230-250 that would awesome. I know that there will be lot more left in the car. You guys know how it is, i just want to drive her again so badly.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's not alot to bore, but the d's are already at a fault due to their weak sleeves. You should sleeve if you plan on having drivability. Even a good blockgaurd might help. If you sleeve it then you'll never have to worry though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts