Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got a new phantom II from autometer. my problem is when i go into boost and hit max boost the needle starts to bounce fast. but if i rotate the guage it steadies itself. my old boost guage wouldnt do this it would hit the 9 psi and stay there. im confused about this.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on kool guys... help me trouble shoot.. up it goes

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
It is didn't happen to your old boost gauge and happen to your new one, chance are it's your new boost gauge that is bad. Try putting the old one back and see if it still doing the same thing.

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
It is didn't happen to your old boost gauge and happen to your new one, chance are it's your new boost gauge that is bad. Try putting the old one back and see if it still doing the same thing.
that's what im thinking... maybe the needle is somehow off center and it's bouncing b/c it can't go the correct distance it needs to go?.... i explained it really wierd but i know what i mean lol

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i put the old one back in and it work perfect vaccums at 15 and boosts 9 psi steady. the new guage reads vaccum @ 20 psi on idle and bounces in boost. i was thnking it was the boost guage now i gotta wait till monday. thankx for the responses guys....

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's what im thinking... maybe the needle is somehow off center and it's bouncing b/c it can't go the correct distance it needs to go?.... i explained it really wierd but i know what i mean lol
+ 1 for you

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a bit hard to read but +1... thanks guys ill be at the shop on mondy since they r gay and dont open on sundays......:fag:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts