Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the track tonight and set a new best 60ft, 1/8th and 1/4 ET, my best MPH was last week and was 116.8 mph. there was allot of imports there and just about all of them came over to talk about the CRX and it surprised every one of them that its a bone stock D motor with only rods and pistons done, and a turbo and injectors thats meant for a eclipse :) this was a bi run i earned from low reaction time the round before, i actually ended up loosing in the finals in a very close race, so i took home second place trophy for the night. who says you cant bracket race a turbo honda?

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
looks good mang! congrats on your victory.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
you mean more vids....

yeah, show more vids, boosted

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
I take it the slicks got there in time?

My ZEX 13.09 @ 103 I was @ 8.37 @ 84 mph in the 1/8th.

Damn your pulling the top end!

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I take it the slicks got there in time?

My ZEX 13.09 @ 103 I was @ 8.37 @ 84 mph in the 1/8th.

Damn your pulling the top end!
yeah they came thursday, it is pulling pretty good, but not good enough ;)

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good, what were your times for street tire v. slick?
i only ever tried street tires once at the track, its pretty pointless as regardless of technique they spin under boost in the first 3 gears, but the only time i ever tried it i went around 13.7 at 116.8 spinning most of the 1/8th. i think with time and practice i could learn a method to feather better and improve on that slightly, but i really dont ever plan on not using slicks.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok i posted the only video i got from last night, it had got colder out when the sun went down so i turned the boost control down a few notches to avoid hitting my boost cut, after watching the data log from this pass i realized i had turned it down a tad to much, i only had 17psi on this pass and worse yet i spun all of first and second which you can hear in the video, any way this is me racing a B20 swapped crx, sorry for my buddies shaky hand lol.http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-SNl9T7vI6A

·
Registered
24 Posts
Went to the track tonight and set a new best 60ft, 1/8th and 1/4 ET, my best MPH was last week and was 116.8 mph. there was allot of imports there and just about all of them came over to talk about the CRX and it surprised every one of them that its a bone stock D motor with only rods and pistons done, and a turbo and injectors thats meant for a eclipse :) this was a bi run i earned from low reaction time the round before, i actually ended up loosing in the finals in a very close race, so i took home second place trophy for the night. who says you cant bracket race a turbo honda?
nice times. video is a little shaky, but overall nice!

actually you can bracket race anything.

its all about dial-in times.

·
Registered
692 Posts
whats the setup ? it really seems to pull like a mofo at the top end. 57trim perhaps ?

·
Registered
397 Posts
whats the setup ? it really seems to pull like a mofo at the top end. 57trim perhaps ?

Evans Tuned
D16Z6 swap 295 WHP 255 TQ @ 19 PSI
SRP pistons/Scat rods, ARP head studs/cometic head gasket
Big 16 G turbo, FMIC, Greddy exhaust and BOV, 450cc injectors
Synapse synchronic regulator, walbro 255 lph fuel pump
ACT six puck clutch, Apex turbo timer, Hondata s300, profec B boost controler.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its a big 16g , with a stock o2 housing !!!! yeah its only 2 inch outlet LOL, i am having slow boy racing build me a bastard 20 g with a gen 2 o2 housing ported and it will be 2.5 inch, between the turbo and o 2 housing i should pull even harder on top end ;) i cant wait:D

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
ddang nicce.... are you dropping the clutch off the line? no preloading? if so what axles you running????

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
5,973 Posts
congrats mang... :TU::TU:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts