Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 97 civic ex. I haven't used this car for over 3 months now it's just been sitting in my back yard. The problem was the battery was dead so I had it replaced and still no luck . It will make a noise like it's about to start but it doesn't . It has a little less than half tank of gas. Also the alternator is good .
What else could not make my car start ??

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Check for fuel and spark.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the engine is cranking . I checked the spark plugs and they are a little rusty and there's no spark . Also I check the cap and rotor they both bad so Ima going to replace those things to see if it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Checked the wires and dizzy and theres no spark I'm guessing I need a new distributor?already replaced spark plugs and cap and rotors

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Check the black/yellow wire at the distributor plug (engine harness side) for 12 volts. If there's no power,check fuses.

Do you hear the fuel pump come on when the key is in the on position?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Check engine light on? If so check the alternator fuse under the dash

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
If possible, to save time, try to borrow a distributor from someone and toss it in there and give it a go. Probably starts.

Mark the old one before you take it off so you can put it back on in the same position in case thats no the problem.

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
I had this problem before and I needed a new coil. While I was at it I replaced the cap and rotor, because they were getting pretty worn. Haven't had a problem since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts