Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello y'all, just swapped my old work truck for this 98 sedan. My second civic and my first manual transmission car(I'm 25 please forgive me). Was a automatic but at some point was concerned to a ex trans based off the numbers I got off of it. Just crossed 170,000 miles on the y7 and I get about 400ish miles to a full tank, 90%highway.
Once I get the dings and dents fixed the wife has given me the go ahead to play with the engine and suspension. Hoping to pick up a d16 block this winter to build and turbocharge it by summer, would really like to autocross it for fun with the wife. In terms of a actual WHP goal I don't really have one given I'm not shooting to make a drag car but I'd be happy with high 13s.
Iv read that if the tune and driving style are on par that turbocharged Hondas tend to get the same or slightly better mpg if not in vacuum. I plan on using the y7 head/cam with a y8 intake for topend but at a loss when it comes to turbo sizes for these small engines and injectors. Weight is roughly 2750 pounds with me in it now and I cruise at roughly 3000rpm, any input on a turbo that's more towards the top end would be helpful so I'm not burning extra fuel on drives to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I wonder if anyone around here has built a honda with a turbo...?

Side note, turbos are for torque, Massapequa is in a bay of oysters, low boost twin scrolls are sweet for what you want, boost is addictive and you'll want more. Do lots more research.

Reactions: slo_eg8
1 - 2 of 2 Posts