Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys (and girls) I just got my 95 si eg and it needs a little tlc but what im really looking for is imput on whether or not to go all motor or turbo. either way my piggy bank is a trickle fund so prob not more than two to four hundred in parts a month at max till its finished. lets hear it!

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
What are your goals? Strictly track or a DD/track whore? It all depends on what you want to do with your car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i need a dd but i have alot of variations of driving on the commute to work(15 miles of freeway, 15 of city, and then the long haul of 17 miles down a straight back road) so i need some freeway playtime speed but also some stop light to stoplight balls. follow?

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
az, tempe to be exact
Yes! Another Arizonian lol. Welcome. N/A is fun, but with low power goals. Turbo is almost unlimited, but limited by your fuel and air and of course internals. You can actually build a pretty mean D with boost. Turbo kit , DSM injectors, and fuel pump you can push a decent amount of power. Just remember, its all in the tune.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds good to me. what do you think the estimated cost will be or where should i start rather?

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
honestly im not the most inclined in this subject but there are def plenty on here who are i would say start with a motor build if you search on here you'll find all dif types of builds you could do along with turbo kit options (go-autoworks aka grag a member and sponsor to our great site has great options for this and can build one specifically for your setup).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool thats generally what i've heard so far. i just need to find out what parts i need,where to find them cheapest and who has installed them so i can get some tips

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Welcome to the site man,Make sure you do alot of readin when you decide what build you might go with in the future.Make sure to also read the rules,Alot of recent noobs wanted to not listen to the rules so.Again Welcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sounds good thanks for the advice. i'm not a jerk and not lookin to cause trouble with anyone just hoping to get some good sound advice and help!:hyper:

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Sounds good man,I only said that cause noobs lately are not reading and listening as far as you need 65 posts before you can buy/sell and i will say dont post alot just to get to it cause very frowned upon.Glad you joined though keep us posted on what you decide to do as far as a build man.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gotcha! ya no worries i'm def not here for that. thanks and i'll for sure keep pics and parts updated

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
cool thats generally what i've heard so far. i just need to find out what parts i need,where to find them cheapest and who has installed them so i can get some tips
FJ Distributors
That is a great kit to start with, but you will need the custom length rods from Fj too.
GO-AUTOWORKS Civic CRX Integra Complete Bolt On Turbo Kits
Pick a turbo kit...or you can be cheap and do an ebay build.

And then do some head work. With all the supporting mods, you should be able to get a lot of hp lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow. That's a huge help thanks! I was startin to get a little overwhelmed with prices an options but that seems pretty reasonable

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
I want to see pictures of the EH3

·
Registered
ej2
1,226 Posts
Welcome to tha site!!

I know boost is on ur mind..

but i promise..

if you buy a cam, and install it..

u'll wanna go all motor..

very fun...

and sleeperish..:bigok:

·
Registered
97 EK coupe
690 Posts
if you want to go boost ive got a great deal for you on a turbo. PM me if your interested. some details are in my signature

1 - 20 of 28 Posts