Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, i just joined today...saw the website in HCI. I drive a 2001 Civic EX with the following Mods. I am planning on turboing it in spring. The turbo that im looking at is the Turbo kit from Truehonda.com...anyone have one of these?
Performance:
-DC headers
-Skunk2 exhaust system
-AEM pulleys
-Optima yellow top
-AEM Intake
-Tein Coilovers-NEW

Exterior:
-JDM headlights
-Carbonfiber hood by JSP
-17" Enkel Rims

Interior:
-Sparco pedals
-Type R shift knob

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
welcome...don't forget to post pics ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I do take my car track racing...but i dont have any time slips to post.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
boostREX said:
Welcome, and if you ever need any info.. just ask. I pretty much know almost everything about 7th gens.

Is there any turbo kit that you would recommendfor my D17?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
custom_junky said:
welcome...don't forget to post pics ;)

Hey i see that your from NE....I go to school at UNL. Where do you go?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
i work on offutt AFB...computer programmer for the air force...as for school i'm currently doing online classes from the Aif Force Institute...

nice looking car there BTW...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
big_daddy_b_99 said:
The SF Kit is good, but also look in to the Dezod kit. they are a great company and have recently built their kit this past year and is supposed to be better than SF. here's the link: http://dezodmotorsports.com/cat_turbo_kits.cfm

Alright thinks I will

Also is it possible to creat around 200whp with a turbo D17? without building the engine its self

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
yes...there are some i believe pushing 300 on stock internals...but don't quote me on that...

·
Registered
397 Posts
boostREX said:
Welcome, and if you ever need any info.. just ask. I pretty much know almost everything about 7th gens.
Have know something about exhaust system?

I drive a 01 civic LX (D17A1 non-VTEC) and alredy intalled a custom exhaust system:

-JDM Style Header 4-1 (end under the oil pan)
-Freeflow design resonator (no cat converter)
-2in cat back exhaust
-Dynoflow (or Flowmaster) pipe (freeflow design)

The engine have:
-Light weight underdrive pulley
-short ram intake
-AEM adjustable cam gear (advice on it?)

The car isn't accelerating faster up to 4,500 RPM. At that RPM it feels having better acceleration.

I think removing the catalityc the engine is loosing its back pressure of the exhaust system...

Do you know anything about this?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
338 Posts
gmcuajo said:
Have know something about exhaust system?

I drive a 01 civic LX (D17A1 non-VTEC) and alredy intalled a custom exhaust system:

-JDM Style Header 4-1 (end under the oil pan)
-Freeflow design resonator (no cat converter)
-2in cat back exhaust
-Dynoflow (or Flowmaster) pipe (freeflow design)

The engine have:
-Light weight underdrive pulley
-short ram intake
-AEM adjustable cam gear (advice on it?)

The car isn't accelerating faster up to 4,500 RPM. At that RPM it feels having better acceleration.

I think removing the catalityc the engine is loosing its back pressure of the exhaust system...

Do you know anything about this?
Yes having that free flowing of an exhaust system on the DX is making you lose way too much back pressure. That along with the DX gearing (although 1st gear is better geared than the EX, but fiinal drive is worse) is gonna mean major loss of power on the bottom end.

p.s. I've experimented with about 4 or 5 different exhaust setups on the 01 civic...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea i have better high need power that kicks in at about 4K rpm

·
Registered
338 Posts
these motors dont really make that much power until around 4k rpm so that along with less backpressure is gonna feel like a sucky bottom end power. go to AEM's website and look at the dyno graphs they have for the 01+ DX (you'll be impressed with the V2).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts