Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's been a while since I have been on here so I will try to give an update as far as whats going on.

Im currently in Afghanistan and will be coming home towards NOV after being here for a year so it's going to be time to finish the EK!

Prior to deploying I picked up my buddies 96 ex and swapped everything from my other 97 civic prior to selling it which included complete rear trailing arm and brake swap from an integra to give disk brakes all around.
Completely built d16y8 with
Vitara 75.5 pistons,
Eagle H-beam rods,
Bisimoto stage 2 turbo cam,
bisimoto springs,
all digital AEM gauges (wideband, fuel pressure, oil pressure, engine temp),
AEM fuel pressure reg and rail,
RC 440cc injectors,
S2K cluster swap,
walbro 255 fuel pump,
new 99/00 civic OEM Honda hood,
new OEM bumper,
new passwordJDM fenders, momo steering wheel, type R red honda carpet and a few other things.

What I am looking to replace are the following RC 440 injectors, civic std manifold and 14b turbo and downpipe as well as wastegate and BOV and completely new intercooler and charge pipes, also getting rid of crome pro and thinking HONDATA S300(thoughts???).

I believe thats everything so what I need help with is a few ideas that I have. I am pretty much set on RC 750cc injectors, TIAL WG and BOV, now I need help with the turbo and manifold and intercooler with piping.

I have found a few kits such as the one from GOAUTOWORKS (GO-AUTOWORKS Turbo Kits) this tuner kit looks good which also includes a few things that I was going buy anyways.

I know that buying piece by piece can save money and I am not ruling it out just this kit gives me an idea of what to go off of. Also my power goals are at least 300-400HP with this setup.

Please any thoughts would be much appreciated and yes I am loking at other threads and reading non-stop so this isn't a newb question but more of a personal preference / you have seen or been apart of using this setup type question. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody??

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
get back safe here safely holmes, i myself have just gotten back from afghan about 4 weeks ago...

here is my .02...... i like injector dynamics injectors, i like there spray pattern over RC. if you search around there is a comparison on spray patterns.. you didnt say your power goals, or what this is gonna be used for. set a power goal because there is alotta stuff you havent mention as far as what your looking to make, what the car is gonna be used for, how quick you want it to spool, stuff like that..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Power goal at least 300-400HP
As for the car, its a fun car only so no DD. I do however want to be able to drive it on the road without the turbo taking forever to boost yet at the same time dont want to go to the track and run out of power half way down the track. As for ID Kijectors I have seen nothing but good things about them. I currently have a set of RC 440's with the adapter plug so would I be able to use the plug in th ID ijectors since they are honda style?

·
Registered
66 Posts
lots of good parts should be a good build!

im not a fan of bisi cams tho i think there a waste of money just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
982 Posts
im not a fan of bisi cams tho i think there a waste of money just my .02 cents.
x2. Aside from the big cost difference, after buying one myself and seeing the quality of customer service as compared to other companies that support our community,... i'm taking my future business elsewere.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am also thinking of ditching the aem cam gear. I just think it seems to be more of a pain in the butt to deal with rather than just running the stock cam gear. As for an update I just placed the first oder with majestic honda and picked up random factory clips and screws as well as gasket for the hood. Next I will placing the order for a new set of ARP head studs as well as the Hondata 4 bar map sensor (oem style) from xenocron. Also what are peoples thoughts on the AEM meth kits? Or any kit for that matter and has anyone used them on a self tuned car??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As for the block I think it can easily handle the abuse and the rods will take as well as pistons with a good tune. I want to be able to run at least 16-23psi. This car is going to meant to drive and drive hard. 1000cc injectors should cut it yes?? Any recommendations on the head gasket? Thanks

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
My advice: Save yourself money by buying and overbuilding your build slightly.

what I mean: instead of 750cc injectors, go for 1000's. Especially if you get the ID1000's, you wont have idle problem or anything that people "stigmatize" with large injectors, plus you'll have TONS of room to grow, if you want more power, without having to spend extra coin on bigger injectors AGAIN.

Dont settle with a small turbo that you will replace down the road when (WHEN, not IF) you want more power. GET The exhaust mani, DP, Turbo set up that can do what you want and more that way your not stressing everything to its max, to just meet your low end goals.

Greg at Go-Auto, Call him (looks like you already plan to) he will have all the knowledge and service to get you what you need, and do it quickly and reliably!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree with the WHEN factor because that's where I am at now. That's why I decided 750's wouldn't cut it and ID injectors look and sound solid with great reviews. I have no issue spending the money this time around!! That what are your thoughts on the tuner system from go autoworks? I emailed them the other day and they say it should easily meet what I am looking for plus some which I like because that WHEN will come up again.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
The tuner kit is a great kit. If Greg says it will do what you want plus some, you can trust him. Thats why you over build the easier stuff, like injectors, clutch etc so you can turn up the boost/re-tune and make more power :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Resistor box for injectors and Hondata 4 bar map sensor just ordered. And so it begins!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
More parts ordered as well as preparing to order!! I just placed the order for a new ARP headstud kit also from GO-AUTOWORKS! I just got off of the phone with Greg and discussed exactly what I am wanting and my power goals. With most everything being discussed I will be placing the order next Wed for 1000cc INJECTOR DYNAMICS fuel injectors.

As for the head bolts I already have an ARP kit but they have been torqued and re torqued so many times that with the build I am about to do the last thing I need is a weak head stud causing lift. As for the map sensor the Motorola 2.5 bar I already have always seemed to give me issues plus this will be a direct bolt on to the top of the throttle body so nice and clean with the least amount of extra wiring possible. Hopefully by the first of OCT Greg will have received my old valve cover so that he can go ahead and get the -AN fittings knocked out at which time I will be purchasing his catch can/valve cover kit.

Then brings the FUN PART!!!! After talking with Greg for a few more minutes and discussing what my goals are, we have decided to go with the PRO-KIT setup with a modified ram horn to allow me to keep a/c and we will be swapping the turbo that comes with the kit for a Bullseye Power s256. Of course it will cost a little extra but it will do what I am wanting and taking the advice of others, it will allow for future room to grow!!! Hell if I need to grow past this it's going to be scary!!! So as of right now ALL parts will be coming from Greg at G0-AUTOWORKS and just as others have said, call him and he won't steer you wrong. YOU'VE GOT TO PAY TO PLAY!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just placed the order for 2x JDM HAMP Oil Filters. Figured might as well splurge a little plus try to avoid the oil pressure issues that sometimes plauge y8 motors.

Quick question, I plan on going a head and pulling the motor out once I get home rather than just bolting parts on even though I rebuilt the engine before I left. The question is I have looked around and see a ton of mixed reviews on what oil and water pumps to run. Any thoughts on this? I can get the oem pumps from Majestic for a decnet price but want to see what others think prior to pulling the trigger. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Orders placed today for the ACL Race main and rod bearings plus thrust washers. Also went a headed and ordered new OEM head gasket. Still need to pick up the oil and water pumps from Majestic Honda.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Parts are starting to trickle in!! Fiance will send them to me as soon as they come in. ARP Head Studs, HONDATA 4 Bar MAP, 2x HAMP Oil filters

1 - 19 of 19 Posts