Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a total management novice.
I'm currently running Neptune. Is there any advantages if I was to upgrade to Crome Pro? Obviously the ultimate would be S300, but that's out of my price range.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Yes don't downgrade to crome anything, besides if you want rtp you would have to buy an ostrich even if you already have a demon

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,877 Posts
Yes man besides full stand alone neptune is ideal. Neptune is the best as far as using honda ecu's go

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think there is no downgrade from Neptune to Crome, BUT yes, there is a big downgrade from Neptune RTP to Crome.

If you are fine with Neptune, keep it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I think there is no downgrade from Neptune to Crome, BUT yes, there is a big downgrade from Neptune RTP to Crome.

If you are fine with Neptune, keep it.
Your have no idea what your are talking about. First off, neptune only makes the software, all the hardware is Moates. Second, crome is outdated and has no support, with neptune you get answers to your questions from the developer that same day. I don't think downgrade is a strong enough word to use from going from neptune to crome. As for hondata, it is not ultimate, right now the only advantage to hondata is coil on plug, but neptune is working on that, and it's only an advantage if your making over 800 hp and need it.

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
$90 difference between Neptune RTP and Hondata. If you already paid for Neptune keep it. I stuck with Hondata s300 since it has worked for me every time, and if I have hardware OR software problems I can deal with the same people on either issue. I think the biggest difference in reality between Neptune and Hondata is which you prefer. Compared to both Crome is a downgrade.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Neptune is superior to Crome Pro, but comparable to Gold. Same with S300.

I doubt youre doing anything that Neptune isnt up to.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
neptune is better than any level of crome, and I say this as someone who has crome dealer.
Dealer, as in Gold?
That what Ive been using recently, I was using Pro previously. I cant think of much Hondata has on it and it works just as well for me, but I havent used Neptune yet.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Ill give my vote.

I say neptune.

I ran crome pro before with an ostrich and just too much crap, from wires hanging to software buggs.

Hondata, dont get ke started on them, but the shortness is way oveepriced and software is crapply done IMO.

So go with neptune.
Custmer support is A+

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'll be 100% honest here. I love NepTune, so don't take this as me poo-pooing on the product. The software is great, the Demon is stable, the customer service is second to none... BUT the hardware features are really starting to fall behind the Hondata. Add on units (COP, traction control), CAN communication, digital ins and outs, I'd really like to see Moates revamp the Demon and get some of this stuff going.

Ultimately the 20 year obsolete ecu is the Achilles heal of either of the systems, but by the time you spend the dough to make that better it's time to move on to an AEM Infinity or something along those lines anyway.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
I'll be 100% honest here. I love NepTune, so don't take this as me poo-pooing on the product. The software is great, the Demon is stable, the customer service is second to none... BUT the hardware features are really starting to fall behind the Hondata. Add on units (COP, traction control), CAN communication, digital ins and outs, I'd really like to see Moates revamp the Demon and get some of this stuff going.

Ultimately the 20 year obsolete ecu is the Achilles heal of either of the systems, but by the time you spend the dough to make that better it's time to move on to an AEM Infinity or something along those lines anyway.
I hate to say this and as a proud owner of neptune, he is right. Hondata has been rolling out enhancements that are amazing (especially the traction control feature). While neptune and ectune seem to be behind the curve. I can only hope that hrtuning has something up its sleeve for the future.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I think NepTune has been busy with trying to get the app and tablet thing working..

then again, ive been out of the loop for a while.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Cop is the major one I'm waiting for. I could care less about traction control as that is only useful for crappy drivers. Just about any factory car with traction control is faster when you turn it off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts