Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i bought my first honda a year ago. a 93 civic lx, d15b7. put some rims on it 15s now. a header and short ram ai. well heres the deal, nobody around here even messes with lxs. so i want to build a one of a kind civic all me and totally different from the rest in okc. i dont wanna go with the random cookie cutter stuff bs hs all that stuff is common out here. i wanna build a d16/17 stroker. its not all about preformance, i just want something different.
so where do i even start, im kinda lost in all this honda stuff. where do you guys recommend starting this project. should i wait til after i paint it or do it first or last or what. i need a mentor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not just a d16 stroker apparently they make a d2b transmission converter too that would be awesome. just at a loss when it comes to some of this foreign car parts exchange.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Always nice to see a fellow 4dr! Check out some build threads on the site to get an idea, and use the search feature trying different things (ex. sedan, 4dr, lx, eg8...) because there is more than one way to describe/talk about the same thing.

Look up the specs on both the engines your trying to use to get an idea or what not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey hb turbo you know wehre i can get some used suspension stuff. my car is eatin the tires off like crazy i average a blow out a week now

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Its hard to do something one of a kind when everything has already been done.

But yeah theres a shitload off stroker info on here, take a look at Danz build thread.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Its hard to do something one of a kind when everything has already been done.
QFT. Having said that, when you haven't done any performance mods yourself, any mod you chose to do will be "one of a kind." If your project is your daily driver, I would not recommend a stroker build. Your car could be down for weeks or months, especially as your first project.

Pick something easy, like painting your bumper, or spit shining your engine bay, or pulling out your seats and carpet and pressure washing them!! One thing you could do that would be cheap, fun, and teach you a lot would be porting a head. Buy a junk head that matches your LX head from a junk yard or somewhere, get a dremel kit, and hone that baby. Follow your model Civic's Service Tech guide for uninstalling and installing the head, except put your newly honed head back on.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-building/104314-post-up-your-diy-ported-head.html

·
Registered
My civic
82 Posts
A stroker isn't that popular because for the money and effort put into it there are minimal gains. You are better off going turbo, which sounds sweet, or doing some kind of crazy swap, like a b20 CR-V-TEC.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
keep it simple and learn from it is my best advise and be patient.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts