Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I`m using full floating rods with Honda P29 pistons but the pistons does not have provision for circlips, I found after some research that machining grooves on the P29 piston weakens too much the piston. So I though: PTFE buttons, right? Wrong, I tought on an alternative aproach to secure the wrist piston in place: Drill 2 holes in the piston, tap the holes, put a machined headless allen bolt. I`m still deciding if I`m going to tack weld the hole after fastening the bolts with a TIG welder, just to be sure that the bolts won`t come off.

Here is some picture of the actual piston NPR Honda P29 75.5mm Piston:

Here is a sketch of the piston and the bolts that secure the pin in place:

and here is the play i need so I can place the holes in the right position: Is the play between
the pin and the circlips. It can be from any full floating car piston, I need just the ball park area.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
sounds like a decent idea, but I'd be too worried about piston skirt integrity as well as the expansion rate of the allen screws. Undoubtly you'll be using a grade 8 or whatever type material for that job, what about the threads on the screw? Do you think or would it be possible for the threads to put more un-wanted wear to the edges of the pin?

·
Registered
857 Posts
1mm or less should be ok. Nice solution(and pics!) though, but I'm a bit worried about those screws coming loose.. Maybe the tack-welding would work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts