Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so whats a good street cam that will actually DO something for performance? I know the zex 59300 is real popular and I was planning on going with one of those but I've since heard from a few different people that it's basically a jdm d15b cam... I've also seen a few different dyno graphs of the zex cam and it doesn't seem to do virtually anything over the stock z6 cam...??
If I'm going to go that route I might as well just try to find a d15b head cause I want to do some head work also + then I'll get the cam as a bonus...
plus the jdm head will come with the correct springs/retainers for the cam, etc etc...

any thoughts? :confused:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
i love my zex 59300, no problems with it and makes great power......the d15b i hear has a more agressive cam then the z6 but i think when they put a 59300 it gained 4hp rather then the 12-14hp advertised for the z6....maybe they ment the 59100 was same as d15b.

·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i've been following that thread, was posted after i posted this one...

I'm thinking of going crower2 now depending on as long as I can find a z6 head piss cheap unless I can get ahold of a complete d15b head, then I'll just run the stock d15b cam for now...

d17b? hmm....

·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my only problem with cam selection will be the fact that all I have for now is the stock d17 pistons- there are like NO valve reliefs... I'm not even sure the stock z6/d15b cam won't whack the tops of those joints

still trying to find out if I can go with d15b or z1 pistons so I can bump compression while keeping the nice vtec valve reliefs... :wtf:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts