Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so here's the issue...
Yesterday after I got off work I decide to change the oil and shampoo the engine on my turbo crx.
As soon as I finished washing it I started up the car and the battery light was on.
Took it for a quick drive to see if it would recharge with some driving and that was not that case. Decide to see what would happen in boost. Car went up to full boost, but when it hit full boost it started fluttering and felt like it was cutting in and out. Limped it back, tach starting dieing on and off on me, then everytime I went about -5 vacume the car would 'flutter'. Just as I pulled it into the shop the car died.
Took the blow gun cleaned out the distributor cap, plug for the alternator, and the alternator in general.
Boosted the car to get it to start. Idles fine when first started then after about five minutes it revs up to 1500rpm then drops to 1000rpm and just keeps going back and forth. Finally the revs dropped big time to about 600rpm and about 5 minutes after that it just dies.

We checked all lines, connections, fucking everything. I could figure it out last night so I ended up leaving my car at work.

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
sounds like your Alternator is going out bro

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright so here's an update.

I replaced the alternator. The battery light went off when we first started it. Took it for another rip to make sure the problem was solved and then the same shit yesterday. tack died, lights shut of, car started surging, sputtering, bogging out. battery light came on then finally the car died. The battery was so dead the four ways wouldn't even turn on. This time I wasn't lucky enough to make it back to the shop.

I had to run/walk (it was fucking cold) back to the shop and grab a booster pack. Hooked up the booster pack, car fired right up, left the booster pack attached and let the hood down on it gently. Coming back with the booster pack on it the car drove back just fine.

I'm going to replaced the battery now today and if that doesn't fix my problem I'm out of fucking ideas.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
bet is the battery. it got fucked up because of the alternator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay guys replaced both the alternator and the battery.
Still having the problem. Finally today we busted out the volt meter. The alternator is putting out power, but the journymen said it's not making it back to the battery. It's strickly running off battery. Does anyone know which wire is the charge wire that feeds back to the battery? Tomorrow I'm going to try jumping a wire directly from the alt to the battery to see if that solves the situation then work from there I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.