Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just swapped my 99-00 y8 intake manifold onto my mini me swap. JDM d15b/z6 head. I used an H22 tb swapped out the little wheel that turns ( i read that I needed to do that) anywho. My car started right away. but kept turning off. The car was idling at 3k I think I know why it was that high but my problem is it wont start anymore. Can someone give me some input on why its probably not starting? I didnt take the head off or anything. just the manifold.

I used a stock y8 IACV just plugged my old plug right in. I dont think I used an EACV not sure if I needed it. uhm Im not 100% sure if the tps was ever removed. doesnt look like its ever been though. and I used my wall mounted map. my tb doesnt have a map. If ya need anymore info LMK pls this is my daily! Thanks for looking and your input.

Joe F:awais:

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
do you have spark??

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you have spark??
The car started up fine the first 2 times so im sure I have spark.

could be tps, all hoses are where they should be?
It was my first thought.

As for the idle being so hi could it be because i didnt tap the lil air wholes by the injectors? I didnt think it was going to be that bad. :(

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took off the manifold took it to a machine shop so they can tap the little wholes that are by the injectors on the 99-00 y8 manifold. That will lower my idling problem from what Ive researched. I also took my TB to a local shop and he stated that the tb hadnt been removed at all. Now im just wondering if the h22 tps is different from the crx si tps. anyone know if that could be why it isnt starting? Im still obd0

As soon as I get my manifold back ill start looking around for more solutions.

How many ground wires are there normally on our sohcs?

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just put everything back together and the car still doesnt start :(. I realized something this time around though. I didnt hear my fuel pump and its odd cus I just replaced it! Ima drop the tank and check it right now. I hope thats the problem. Any other way I can find out if thats what it is before I drop the tank?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just put everything back together and the car still doesnt start :(. I realized something this time around though. I didnt hear my fuel pump and its odd cus I just replaced it! Ima drop the tank and check it right now. I hope thats the problem. Any other way I can find out if thats what it is before I drop the tank?
get a fuel pressure gauge and check for fuel pressure...also check and see that all grounds are hooked up, pull plugs and actually check for spark, what color are the plugs? are u positive u dont have a vacuum leak? when u do get it running what is vacuum reading at idle?

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Measure the tps resistance. If the ecu sees a wot start condition it will disable the fuel pump. In other words a clear flood condition. (ever wonder why a flooded fuel injected car starts when you hold the pedal to floor? This is why). Sounds like maybe a faulty tps is making the ecu "think" it's seeing a wide open throttle thus disabling the pump.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Measure the tps resistance. If the ecu sees a wot start condition it will disable the fuel pump. In other words a clear flood condition. (ever wonder why a flooded fuel injected car starts when you hold the pedal to floor? This is why). Sounds like maybe a faulty tps is making the ecu "think" it's seeing a wide open throttle thus disabling the pump.
no, it will keep injectors from pulsing, never seen a setup that actually shuts off power to fuel pump during clear flood mode... :)

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I need an h22 tb gasket since im using h22 tb. Im using a y8 one ATM. Ill be back.

·
Registered
95 hatch
1,104 Posts
I think I need an h22 tb gasket since im using h22 tb. Im using a y8 one ATM. Ill be back.
Wrong sized TB gasket shouldn't cause it not to start.

Did you mess with the idle screw on the throttle body? Make sure its screwed in all the way, and then loosened 1 turn, maybe a bit more if needed.

And what do you mean taping the manifold? Are you putting holes in it that weren't there before, or are you enlarging something?

Does it turn over and make a sound or is there no click?
Check the ground on the thermostat housing to make sure its good and tight, that's one people miss quite often, but you said you didn't remove the head, so i'm guessing you didn't mess with that ground anyways... but its good to check.

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wrong sized TB gasket shouldn't cause it not to start.

Did you mess with the idle screw on the throttle body? Make sure its screwed in all the way, and then loosened 1 turn, maybe a bit more if needed.

And what do you mean taping the manifold? Are you putting holes in it that weren't there before, or are you enlarging something?

Does it turn over and make a sound or is there no click?
Check the ground on the thermostat housing to make sure its good and tight, that's one people miss quite often, but you said you didn't remove the head, so i'm guessing you didn't mess with that ground anyways... but its good to check.
I havent done anything with that screw on the tb at all. Ill try that in a sec. I covered some hole that were on the intake manifold by the injectors. I read that I needed to do that to the 99-00y8 intake manifold. Thats what was causing the idling issue.

Ill check for the thermostat ground in a sec. and its make the sound a car make when its about to turn on but then engine wont start up. Ans Also I dont hear any clicks from the main relay at all. no fuel pump priming. I took apart the relay and im cleaning it ATM. should I solder it awell?

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I cleaned up the relay and I tried it and I only heard 1 click this time. I just finish soldering it and now ima go test it. BRB

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IT ALLLIIIIIVVEEEEE!!! ARGHAHAHAHAHAH!!! fuse #14 from under the dash fusebox was blown :( Thanks D-series.org and HT for all your Patience! Ima go for a test drive!

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
Also if you just messed with fuel.

You may have to turn the key on and off a few times to make sure the fuel is primed.
Happened to me before.

·
Registered
89 Crx Si
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also if you just messed with fuel.

You may have to turn the key on and off a few times to make sure the fuel is primed.
Happened to me before.
read above bro its on TYVM though. No cel's only 2 problems i ran across on my test drive. 1 coolant leak and its still idling up and down, up and down. between 1k and 2k now. still need to figure this out

·
Registered
99 Posts
read above bro its on TYVM though. No cel's only 2 problems i ran across on my test drive. 1 coolant leak and its still idling up and down, up and down. between 1k and 2k now. still need to figure this out
did you let it re-learn idle? you have to reset the ECU and let it idle with no load for 6-10 mins after it's warmed up or been driven around for a bit.

·
Registered
95 hatch
1,104 Posts
Yea, iacv or some hole on the intake manifold you were talking about.

Any small vacuum will cause the idle to fluctuate.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Yea, iacv or some hole on the intake manifold you were talking about.

Any small vacuum will cause the idle to fluctuate.
x2. air in system will make iacv go crazy. id fix the leak and then fill with water let idle till fans turn on. do this all while the radiator cap is off to bleed the system

1 - 20 of 25 Posts