Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just did a y7 to a y8 help.. but some stuff is not right..

I have the ecu from the y8, but not the harness.. now the y7 harness does not plug into the y8 ecu, what do i do to get the vtec?

I also only have one o2 sensor on the exhaust as the y7 had 2.. so what can i do so it wont throw codes?

My check engine light is on, i am guessing cuz of the o2 sensors but I have to check.. Any help with the above to questions will be nice..

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
192 Posts
dude i got this. just happened to me.

what year is your car? if its 99-00 and you have a 96-98 p2p ecu they wont work together. and vice versa.

but if your car is 96-98 you have a 99-00 ecu got me!?

so right now i have an extra because i bought the 99-00 and didnt need that one and found this all out the hard way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
^^^ what ejcoupe said, what year is the motor and your vehicle? You probably have and obdIIa motor and obdIIb harness or vice versa, which is why your ecu wont plug in. Also, the y8 had the secondary o2 located further down the exhaust pipe on the cat opposed to the y7's location. As for the vtec wiring you'll have to run two wires into the cabin to to ecu. One from the vtec solenoid and one from the pressure sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts