Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tired to find info but couldnt find what i wanted
so i bought a turbo from a guy saying it was a ford t3 that was a 60trim .60/.63

got it in and the exhaust housing was stamped 48ar and the compressor side was .60ar

what the heck do i have?

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Ford tbirds came with either 60/63 or 48/60....Iirc the differance was between auto n 5 speeds

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
Is that thing water/oil cooled or just oil?

edit* I think it's a tbo3 Garret/AiResearch 60 trim...from a...85-86 manual t-bird...ala the Junkyard Turbo ID list! :biggrin:

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
judging by the post on here... i think imma have to get a hold of paypal and get a refund started..
i was looking to make around 300hp

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
judging by the post on here... i think imma have to get a hold of paypal and get a refund started..
i was looking to make around 300hp
Refund for your turbo? Did he say it was good for more on your motor or something? Unless he wronged you somehow idk if he owes you a refund, and if he does you better talk to him first... :nono:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Pushing any T3 stage 1 turbine urbo past 250whp is really asking for problems. Can you do it? Yes. Is it a bad idea? Very much so. The turbines that are used on the stage 1 turbos are ancient design. They just do not like excessive psi.

Honestly 250whp is pushing them but it is an understood performance cut off. Still at 250whp the turbine housing will crack.

The .63 is a better turbine housing for hp and the .48 is better for spool. Your not going to be hurting when it comes to spool so a .63 would be best.

Depending on what you paid it is still a good turbo.

What are your goals? How much do you have to spend?

·
Registered
852 Posts
mhamrick has two sets of my 60/63ar housings that I'm sure he's going to offer you. Keep in mind that the property belongs to me if you do receive such an offer. Feel free to check out my previous thread on this matter.

I made 300whp/265ftlbs with the T3 60 trim, but it lasted 2 days before developing excessive shaftplay. The turbo was fine for 12k miles at 235whp before this, so I wouldn't shoot for 300whp with yours. It made 235whp at 8psi though, I was pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You should get a cheap holset OP. who cares if it's rated 300whp over what you're making. i got mine for $125 shipped, rated ~600whp. sounds awesome. I'd had garrett t3/t04e and i'd never go back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts