Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a question regarding shaving my block on my d15b7 to fit my turbo. Here is my current setup but I wanted to turn the turbo around so that I can fit the air conditioner parts.

Does anybody know what this little thing is sticking out of the block? I want to shave it but I don't know what it is for.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
410 Posts
if you cant fit your ac parts you dont have the right manifold for it. and i dont think it will work dont take my word for it.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
ac will not fit with the turbo facing that way. you must flip the turbo around so the compressor is on the pass side.
Also that looks its for coolant but not 100% sure. Just know it doesnt look oem. My del sol that had a d15b7 didnt have that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ac will not fit with the turbo facing that way. you must flip the turbo around so the compressor is on the pass side.
Also that looks its for coolant but not 100% sure. Just know it doesnt look oem. My del sol that had a d15b7 didnt have that.
Thanks. My plan is to do exactly what you mentioned. It looks like that little thing that I'm asking about is right in the way though. Anybody have snapshots of their d15b7 turbo setups? I hear that I will have to trim just a little off the block.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Yep that's a OEM block heater. You can unscrew it and replace it with a OEM plug p/n 90001-PM3-003.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe, never seen one. Would be proper location in the block but kinda close to the exhaust manifold.
Hmmmmm??? I have no idea where this d15b7 came from. It's a US spec
96 civic hatch but the previous owner is the one who put this motor in. I'm just worried about messing with it because I have no idea what it is??? If it is the heater part from the Canadian model, does anybody know what happens if I try to remove it or grind it down? Thanks everybody for all the comments and discussion.

Here is another pic to give you a good idea of where it sits.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
BTW: the block heater is not just a Canadian option, they have them here in the US too. P/N 08T44-SR0-100G $30.50

1 - 16 of 16 Posts