Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everybody, i was hoping that some wise D Series guru could school me on finding some good intercooler piping for my 95 EJ1.
Im gonna be turbo pretty soon but I'm missing the IC piping, clamps, couplers, o-rings, etc...
I know ebay has some universal 2.5' kits but i want to be sure i have a kit that fits my car FLUSH or with slight mods.
Already have all the other components including IC, just need the piping for a TO4E T3T4 turbo(hopefully at an affordable price 2.5').
If anybody has any suggestions on a site or a place where i can purchase a solid piping only kit, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i also need help with getting the pipes and intercooler. will the kits from 92-95 fit 96-00?

also in Pounds. what price should i pay and does the quality matter?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep thats the one i'm gonna get... Thanks a lot, it gives me the hotside diameter option between 2.0, and 2.5??? which one should i go with? Sorry kinda new on this turbo thing.

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
560 Posts
I run this kit on my car, youll have to trim and cut it a lil but im also running a different intercooler and its on a del sol. The aluminum itself is nice and thick, bends are smooth, and edges are bead rolled. I plan on welding mine up down the road but its whatever for now, the couplers are 3 or 4 ply silicone, there actually pretty nice not ghetto hard stuff like jdmsport or spectre, the T bolts are good aswell.

Intercooler 88-00 Piping Kit + BOV Civic B16 B18 D D16 | eBay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I run this kit on my car, youll have to trim and cut it a lil but im also running a different intercooler and its on a del sol. The aluminum itself is nice and thick, bends are smooth, and edges are bead rolled. I plan on welding mine up down the road but its whatever for now, the couplers are 3 or 4 ply silicone, there actually pretty nice not ghetto hard stuff like jdmsport or spectre, the T bolts are good aswell.

Intercooler 88-00 Piping Kit + BOV Civic B16 B18 D D16 | eBay
Yeah that was the kit that i was looking at but was a bit skeptical... Ahhh the Go-Autoworks kit looks legit, but 80 bucks compared to 255?? Man-o-man I got me a dilemna... My power goal is only around 250Hp daily driven.
Lol, i'm sure the Go-Autoworks kit will pay off in the long run though (pockets sad:()

I appreciate all the help guys, Dseries.org is by far the most helpful forum site I've ever been on.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
quality parts are always worth it. buy the go-auto kit, they are a amazing company with great customer support.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have an EJ1 and had gotten the ebay kit afew years back, with my first build. The piping is not the greatest. Honestly. If it were up to me, I would have spent the money and done it right. Get Autoworks. Just order it well enough in advance, cause I've been waiting on mine for awhile now, but that's not on him.... but the guy over there is real nice, and will get you what you need. I've talked with him. Good guy!

·
Registered
125 Posts
hands down GO-Autoworks! you will see that the price diff is for a reason. Great quality, perfect fitment, he can set it up exactly how you want it, routing(to an extent)lol, what ever BOV flange you need and any extras like IAT taped in there for you. Great service and bends over backwards for you to make sure everything fits just right. To me those thing are worth paying more money for and honestly i feel like im getting a steal everytime i purchase somthing from him. If you keep your eye out he has sales all the time doing free shipping or 10% off something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts