Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

1995 EJ1 101k miles on it. stock motor. Had a compression test done during my last tune-up. Everything is a go.

So far I have purchased.

Eagle rods w/ Arp rod bolts, Wiseco pistons 8.8:1, block guard, ACL rod bearings, Arp head studs, AEM tru-time cam gear, walbro 255lph fuel pump, M-300 wideband 02 sensor, and AEM fuel pressure regulator.

I am piecing together my own turbo setup, so far, I have a garrett t3/t04 .48 a/r 57 trim turbo, and johnny racecar 8" intercooler.

My goals are 220-250whp. And will be turning with Crome. this will be for DD. My questions:

(1) Will the parts I have purchased for the block be able to handle 250whp daily?
(2) Will my stock head be able to handle 250whp? I am guessing it can, because the head isnt the problem when boosting. And a b-series head handles 500whp, so I think a d-series could handle at least half that.
(3) Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any input you might give.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
1.) All day without a problem. you should be good to go!

2.) Should be if its currently in good condition. I would check valve lash just because............ shouldnt really need to upgrade unless your plan to run a different cam or if you want to push your motor furter up the powerband.

3.) If it were me i wouldnt have purchased that low of compression pistons. 9:1 or 9.5:1 would have suited just fine for 250 whp. With the 8.8:1, your car will be just a little bit slower until your motors sees boost. I would suggest reconsidering compression, which probably is out of the question since youve already bought the 8.8:1 pistons. Oh well, they will work fine and be a little bit safer in keeping you from detonating. Also, be sure to tune the shit out of it because the tune is where the potential begins and ends. Chrome is supposed to be very nice so i would say good choice.

good luck

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yea on a built motor like that the only thing holding it backfrom 300+whp is shitty street gas.

should be more then reliable with a good tune. stock head will be fine unless you plan on taking it past about 7200rpm(set your revlimit here)

I would do as much maintenance on the suspension and mounts as posible. it doesnt matter how much power ou have its all about how well you can put it down!!

I would put the turbo on hold and get an lsd(your gona need one trust me lol)
some ES motor mounts,mabby a traction bar, above all a GOOD clutch(no ebay shit lol). I would also opt for oil pressure,water and oil presure temp and an oilcooler, yea it seems like over kill with the cooler but at 100,000+rpm creates ALOT of heat and oil breaks down quicker under heat and looses lubrication quicker.mabby even a moroso oilpan for extra oil.

other then that sounds AWESOME

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. Maybe I can get the company I bought the pistons from to do an exchange. I have upgraded the suspension.

I have tein s-tech springs, eibach front & rear sway bars, brembo oem cross-drilled front rotors, rear disc conversion w/ autozone blanks. Aem brake pads.

I do want an LSD. I might try to find a used one, only because they are so expensive. and I did purchase energy suspension motor mounts.

May I ask..what are you guys tuning with?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
i wasn't aware that weiseco made 8.8:1 pistons? i also hope that you didn't buy standard bore pistons? i don't think they offer those anyways (they didn't when i bought mine).

sounds like you have a good start to building a turbo motor. Crome is great engine management. i use it, and my friend that owns a dyno and is a Hondata dealer uses Crome pro in his own car. good luck on the build, you'll love being turbo.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts