Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, gonna try and make this as short as possible. I have a retrofit with demon eyes on my 98 ej8, I want the demon eyes to come on with parking lights and turn off with headlights. I have wired the positive to the parking lights and the ground to the headlight positive. So obviously this works, but since it's an h4 headlight when I turn the high beams on and it cuts low beam power the demon eyes come back on. How would I go about making sure they stay off with low and high beams? A relay, two relays? I've tried searching for a similar setup or wiring setup but have had no luck. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
I'd recommend heading over to the12volt.Com

I'm thinking either a relay or a diode, but it's been a mentally exhausting week.for me and I can't wrap my brain around this either lol.

But what I'm thinking, is look up a kill switch that the truck pullers use, iirc it's a normally open relay, then when the pin is pulled, it pulls power away

·
Registered
10 Posts
You need a 5 pin relay pin 85 ground pin 86 headlight on signal from switch pin 30 12v ignition source pin 87 ground pin 87a to your demon eyes + doing it this way they will light up with ignition the relay will turn on once headlights come on and will turn off demon eyes

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, but I really dont want them on with ignition. Any way to alter that to function as I wish?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Try this.

Pin 30 parking light power in

Pin 85 ground

Pin 86 headlight power in

Pin 87 headlight power out

Pin 87a demon light

If that works for you then you will need 2 30-40 amp 5 pin relays

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Or put in a large diode so that your low beams stay on when you turn on your high beams. I think it cost me a couple bucks and about 10 mins last time I did that to a honda.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Retrofit source sells relays to do what you're describing. There cheaper ones on eBay, but don't look as pretty

·
Registered
308 Posts
Two 5 pin relays. Relay 1 coil is connected to the parking light positive and ground. Relay 2 coil is connected to the head light positive and ground. Wire battery positive in series with relay 1 normally open contact in series with relay 2 normally closed in series with demon eye and then to ground.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts