Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I actually bought that same turbo cuause it was a bit smaller than the t3t4 to use with a ac friend log manifold...in process to install soon
Nice, welcome to this world, I had to do about an hour of block grinding with a little cutting wheel which allowed my turbo to fit as snug as if it was stock. My only tricky bit so far was the downpipe. It's best to decide to go external waste gate, and buy a 5 bolt flange, take the engine/manifold/turbo/ac compressor to an exhaust shop who will put up with our shit, and have them do the bends for you out of the car, cheaper, and would have made my life a lot easier from the start of the exhaust bit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, after a bit of a Florida winter break, and running up to Canada to hang with the cold fronts for a few weeks, I got back to work on this project. Haven't started it because I'm a bit of a Shikamaru on my days off and i need a foot of vacuum hose. No oil in tranny, linkage still disconnected, cv joints still in box, no waste gate or dp yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi there! Using a small turbo over here, also. Kept AC and PS.

Borgwarner k16 (from diesel engine) 44/62mm, 55/46mm, .37 exhaust housing, down-pipe and all exhaust tubing in 2.5" stainless, 2.25" muffler from k20z3 Civic SI.
It starts to boost around 2200RPM, stalls around 4500RPM without vtec, running on E100, altitude 3300ft.

Haven't street tuned vtec map yet.
Cheers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Finally got everything (enginewise) done. Took a while to get to the exhaust shop but it happened. Ordered a turbo blanket and the lava rock header wrap a few days ago. Though i haven't driven much with the boost gauge hooked up, from what I've seen I'm hitting 6psi at 3500 2nd gear. My wastegate has the 6psi spring installed and I'm still running my cat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Christ I've been lazy...been distracted and traveling so haven't finished the car...still haven't done a proper tune or suspension just some more heat insulation. The hood insulation works damn good, I placed it right over the wategate area. Also insulated the ac hoses and waste gate vacuum hose.

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts