Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
u need more then just the motor u need ecu , axels,trans , couple of mounts ,and work

and u also know that this is d series right???and isint really the place to ask about b series swaps..go to hondatech and google is ur friend

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
u need more then just the motor u need ecu , axels,trans , couple of mounts ,and work

and u also know that this is d series right???and isint really the place to ask about b series swaps..go to hondatech and google is ur friend
ya I know there's a lot more than just the engine, but I just thought I would ask.

you need to do a little research bud, covered many of times. The B will fit very easily with all the proper tools and knowledge, WHADYYA Doin? keep the z6!
Well, I just kinda want around 175bhp on my DD without having to boost my z6; unless there is a turbo small enough to fit without having to give up my a/c (i live in texas) and give me around that much hp. any ideas??

·
Registered
122 Posts
Run 5-6 psi, with a t-25 turbo which will spool quick and is very small. A z6 with 5-6 psi will hit 175 i believe with no problem, make sure to get it dyno tuned and it, keep your foot out of it and you can still get some decent mpg.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
The best swappage insight I can give you, is you better read and research a whole lot more than you have! This is the freakin' internet for Christ sake, There's more info on B-series swaps than there is on Madonna's tits! If you decide to boost your d-series, all the info you need has been posted here too.

And seriously.... advice about swapping a B-series on D-series.org?! Have you checked Ford's website for all the info on the new Camaro yet? Seen what Dell has about the newest HP laptop?

I'm tired and on my way to bed. I know some guys have B-series and even a few K-series on this board, so I'm just funnin' with you a litlle, but this really isn't the place for that question. Why not try reading some of the wealth of D-series info this board has to offer. Night!

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
keep the z6.. boost it or throw a cam in it. a b16 is a good engine, but stock a z6 can still catch up with it, Remember a b16 may have more horsepower, but the d16 has more torque .

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is the freakin' internet for Christ sake, There's more info on B-series swaps than there is on Madonna's tits!
Awesome, lmao.

Remember a b16 may have more horsepower, but the d16 has more torque .
Interesting, I didnt know that.

Ive done numorous b-swaps and thier fun and all, but for some reason Im liking the idea of a faster d motor these days...always liked the uderdogs, prolly why I mess with wagons, lol. Ive even seen some that like the LS over the b16 due to torque as well. I guess it depends on what your doing with your car.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
ugh, a stock b16 vs stock d16z6.... Z6 will win until up top on highway runs. i used to own them shits with IHE. torque.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
ugh, a stock b16 vs stock d16z6.... Z6 will win until up top on highway runs. i used to own them shits with IHE. torque.

YUP! Torque is what gets you moving and accelerates you. Then the HP takes over. My bike is as quick or quicker than most bikes until almost a buck. Then the rice rockets get up on cam and just motor on by. They have more HP, but not more torque.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
ALSO the car im talkn about with the b16 with IHE was in a 92 hatch DX. and im in my 95 coupe EX with ABS fully loaded.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
theres alot of really stupid info in this thread. search and you will learn more then the usless info in here.
Exactly.

Fucking read nooblet and the rest of you noobsters quit spoonfeeding him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts