Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve searched and searched for this exact problem and have come up short

1997 ek ex with a D15B7 yes I know let the flaming begin hahahah

When cold car starts fine idles around 1100 to 1500 rpm after its warm it will drop but drops very low and then comes back to regular idle. The car also never seems to warm up all the way

Burped system cleaned iac basically done everything FITV all of it

Am I missing something

Thanks in advance to all !

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,106 Posts
never seems to warm up......is there a thermostat? do the fans turn on and off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is does warm up to a certain extent I’ll check the thermostat today. The fans have never turned on and when I was burping the rad if the thermo was supposed to open the coolant level should drop due to it going into the block. But if it was stuck closed I’m assuming the motor would be overheating not cooler . Also when the rad cap is off and is start the car for the initial burping process coolant shoots out of the cap sky high! This is so weird

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Temp gauge shows about have way to the middle point is such a weird thing it’s not like an idle pulse it’s almost like the car is cold idle is high it get to some sort of operating temp and then sinks low and if I rev the engine it will go back up and stay then the whole process starts all over again if I drive the car to the temp will go down as well I get theat because air is going through the radiator I just have a feeling it’s not an iac thing and when the idle does settle it’s almost drops then catches itself then goes to 900 where it should be

·
Registered
97 Del Sol
35 Posts
My Honda did the same thing, had to replace the thermostat. Had to shop around and finally found that o'reillys carries one with a factory design, everywhere else has a different design that didn't work well (well the one I bought didn't anyway).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P06 with a conversion harness. I plugged the iac and am just running off the throttle stop screw its way better but still a pain to deal with

1 - 8 of 8 Posts