Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im working on swapping a built Y5 with a Y8 head in to my Crx, I've had a few minor problems but this is the biggest yet. I have an Si dizzy and the wiring for the dizzy is different than the wiring harness for the Jdm D15B that was in my car before, so im not sure what to do about that, because the D15 dizzy is too big, but the Si dizzy doesnt wire up... Secondly, since this is my first swap im new with all that goes along with it, my father says i need a new ECU... He says i need a P06, I have a P28... Is the P06 for the Y5? and if i did get the P06 would i still have the vtec from the Y8 head?

If anyone could give me some answers i would appreciate it....

·
Registered
510 Posts
The P28 is for the Z6 head which is very similar to the Y8 but OBD1 with differnet fuel maps. The P06 is probably not what you want, it's for a OBD0 D16A6 (crx si). I think you're wanting a P2P ECU which is the one that comes with the Y8. You can pretty much plug that in.

I'd recommend using a Y7/Y8 dizzy because I'm not sure if they are different than the Y5 one you are currently using. You have to run three or four wires in to the engine bay and connect it your new P2P ECU for vtec. If you're afraid to do the research then spend some money on www.rywire.com.

I recommend using your P28 and having it chipped/tuned if you're wanting to go to ODB1.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive already converted it to OBD1 for the D15B, Its got the P28 Ecu. i have the Si dizzy with the round plugs, the dizzy from the D15 had a flat plug. So my question is what harness would i need to make this car run, and start and drive?

·
Registered
510 Posts
So my question is what harness would i need to make this car run, and start and drive?
I recommend you go to www.rywire.com and ask them for a dizzy plug converter. I'm sure they would be glad to sell you what you need.

If you're bent on doing it yourself, then take my advice and do some searches to get all of the background info you're going to need.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Well I assume that your d15 distributor is for a d15b vtec if it didn't fit the y8 head due to the legs of the distributor being in different spots. You don't have to get a y8 or y7 distributor. You can just get a obd1 d15b7 non-vtec distributor as it will bolt with either the 2 or 3 bolts and it has the same plug like your other distributor meaning no need for a distributor conversion.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.