Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother has a 97 integra running a lsvtec and he is having some problems with the 4th cylinder i think he has faulty injector, he has spark new plugs and wires, new cap and rotor, his compression is fine.

He told me he took it in to get diognostic and they squirted some oil down the cylinder and fired it up and it sounded like it would run fine for about 5 or 10 minutes then it went back to sounding like it was only running on 3 cylinders so does anybody think that it could be the fuel injectors?

I understand if nobody understands what I am talking about it is just my brother is a lazy ass bum lol and cant do any of this shiet by him self I kinda feel bad because he knows nothing about working on a car.

But anyways any help would be great and if nothing else no worries

Thanks

Billy

ps sorry for the long post

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
what exactly is the problem

if u think its an injector move it from 4 to 1 and see if the problem is in 1

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he is running on three cyilinders, compression is off 10 to 15 from the other cylinders (1,2,3) could it be rings???

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
so hes running on three cylinders....... run the car at idle for a bit then pull the spark plug see what it looks like if its wet it a sark problem and if its dry and especiall if its not hot its a fuel problem

when u said the oil thinf thats when i though rings, how many miles

puul the wire while its running on number 4 see if that changes n e thing, also any smoke?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no smoke at idle but when he gets on it passed vtec he will smokes alittle black smoke

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my bro inlaw told me he tried pulling spark plug and it was not hot and not wet but it was dry

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
and if it is the injectors my friend has some 310cc rc engennering injectors but would proly need a tune if he put that big of injectors in??? he has a fuel rail and fpr

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and plus I guess my bro inlaw that is working on his car said that the wiring to the injectors is a hack job so I told him to pull the plug when it runs for a while and if it still runs like that then go and swap the 1 and 4 injectors out and if 1 runs fine it could possibly be the wiring??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts