Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a 94 civic EX, HAD ABS. I took it out when I was building the engine up.

I took stock lines an stock prop valve from a NON abs civic. 3030 valve (which I'm just now realizing might be the prob since EX has rear discs....)

The brakes bled fine, and pedal is firm with car off. Now that I can finally start the car I have no pressure in the pedal, sinks to the floor, pumps a little bit of pressure if I keep pumping it, but not enough to stop me!!!

Should I get a 40/40 from an integra and try that? or possible it might be the master cylinder?

just a note. I did this on my last integra (da) and everything was flawless so I have a descent idea of what I'm doing. I just wasn't thinking with the prop valve.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
I would start by replacing your proprtion valve with the correct one then go from there if it doesn't fix anything. And just in case, did you check for fluid leaks?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea checked everything many times. I had a leak at first and it wasnt bleeding correctly. Fixed that up and have had my eye on every line since. I have a feeling its the prop valve, I wasn't even thinking that other civics dont have rear discs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts