Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 1998 Civic hatchback CX, with a mini-me convertion (head, ecu and tranni) i keep the stock pistons of the Y7 (that makes me a little more compression)... I want to now if i can use a Jacson Racing supercharge with those pistons or if i have to put the stock Y8 pistons to run the supercharge ??

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Well my first thought is its gonna blow! If you raise the comp and are still using the stock bottum end you are really pushing the limits of that engine. Trust me I ran a JRSC on my B7 (dx motor) for roughly 40k miles. I would say I got pretty damn lucky. Will it work? sure. how long? dunno run it realy rich and find out. As far as comp goes I have no clue what it would come out to and dont feel like spending the time to enter all the numbers to find out. Just trying to be honest with ya ;P

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bizzar said:
Well my first thought is its gonna blow! If you raise the comp and are still using the stock bottum end you are really pushing the limits of that engine. Trust me I ran a JRSC on my B7 (dx motor) for roughly 40k miles. I would say I got pretty damn lucky. Will it work? sure. how long? dunno run it realy rich and find out. As far as comp goes I have no clue what it would come out to and dont feel like spending the time to enter all the numbers to find out. Just trying to be honest with ya ;P
Thanks for the reply man ! i will better put the Y8 pistons :lol: :lol: to have no problems

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
you have any idea what compression you are at now? i have a buddy that has a jdm type-r motor is his hatch that has 11:1 compression and he's getting ready to throw a j.r. s/c on it. i have another buddy that has a us type-r in his crx with a revhard turbo kit on it with 8psi. just tune some and you should be ok.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
well like endyne's civic hatch arent they in the 11's with comp. and running 29psi?? i guess its all the tuning....but you could put z6 psitons for lower compression then y8 pistons.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
and beefy rods, forged pistons and a custom crank. Not to mention it has a sensor on EACH cylinder wall to that retards the timing if it distorts or detects pings. Dont go thinking you can put crazy boost on puny rods. Remember folks he said its the STOCK CX bottom end. The 1.5 rods are smaller and weaker than a typical 1.6l rod. You can try it but be forewarned. I only got lucky on the stock 9.2:1 compression with my puny D15B7 rods. I seriously doubt they can take much more punishment. Also note that my compression was not the greatest and it did burn some oil.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bizzar said:
and beefy rods, forged pistons and a custom crank. Not to mention it has a sensor on EACH cylinder wall to that retards the timing if it distorts or detects pings. Dont go thinking you can put crazy boost on puny rods. Remember folks he said its the STOCK CX bottom end. The 1.5 rods are smaller and weaker than a typical 1.6l rod. You can try it but be forewarned. I only got lucky on the stock 9.2:1 compression with my puny D15B7 rods. I seriously doubt they can take much more punishment. Also note that my compression was not the greatest and it did burn some oil.

You are wrong my friend ! my y7 bottom end its a D16Y7 = 1.6L. not a 1.5L

1 - 11 of 11 Posts