Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Civic Dx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my civic wont rev past 3500 and cel is on, didnt make any changes but it did sit for a little bit. I think my ecu is in limp mode, tried resetting it. still doing the same thing. Could it be bad gas? I have found somethings saying it could be the map or tps but im not sure how to check to see what code its throwing

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
Dang...but more help please...

What year car, what engine, etc.? Does it do it sitting still and while driving? Speedo work? What is "sit for a bit"? Hours...months...years? What is it doing when it won't rev up? Missing, shutting off, etc.?

You;re asking for help without giving much info.

·
Registered
91 Civic Dx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure what the codes are, i used the dummy plug but didnt do anything.

its a 91 with a6/z6 head. its sat for about 3 months. it starts up idles fine, then when i give it fuel it bogs out at 35k . it does this when its sitting and i give it gas and when im driving.

thanks for helping

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
What harness are you using?

What adapters?

Was this can an Si or dx/std with DPFI?

What was done to make the swap from stock engine to what it is now?

The more info you provide the better we can help

·
Registered
91 Civic Dx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't do the swap. It's a dx and it looks like they used the a z6/si harness. Has the a6 intake manifold and fuel set up. I'm sorry for the lack of info. I'm not 100% on what I'm looking at

·
Registered
91 Civic Dx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I bought this way and ran fine, sat in the garage for 3 months drove it about 15 miles. Shut it off. Went to start it and it wouldn't turn over. Lights came on and I could hear the fuel pump turn on as well. But wouldnt crank over. Jumped it and it started but then the cel came on and wouldn't rev over 35k

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Oh boy...

Butt connectors are usually not a very good way to do these type of things.

If that is an Si harness than they would have needed to depin and move some of the connections around to make it work. Someone with more knowledge of this can help. Also it would help to know which injectors they used, if those are the A6 injectors and you are not running a resistor box it can cause problems as well eventually.

But if you can't get the ECU to flash the codes than either the ECU is fried or the connection/connector is not good.

EDIT: Well if it was running before that boggles me even more. Did it have a CEL when it ran before?

·
Registered
91 Civic Dx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any ideas as to where to start? Pull the harness? Not sure what to do at this point. Looks like the dummy plug doesn't work ( used a test light and got nothing)

·
Registered
91 Civic Dx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also would it be a good idea to pull the harness and re do the swap? Well the wiring anyways, that way I know what's there rather than guessing?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
I think the orange and blue (wires at the bottom of your 2nd pic) wires are for the cel. I think if you touch them together you can get the code(s). I'm not 100% sure about this. If you can post better pics of the Ecu/jumper wiring.

·
Registered
91 Civic Dx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay that was right! Got the cel to flash I got two longer flashes followed by 2 quick flashes then a pause and then quick flashes

·
Registered
91 Civic Dx
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry I got two long flashes followed by 2 quick ones then it paused then got 4 quick ones

Does this mean I'm throwing codes 22 and 4?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts