Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright for the life of me I can't get (or figure out) how to hook the WG / boost gauge up. Someone help so I can go the fuck home.

P.S. I know there are lots of threads covering this but I don't feel like weeding through the posts.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
tee into the lines somewhere on the im for the wg and boost gauge.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
tee off your BOV line, run the BOV vacuum source to something AFTER the throttle.

I'd source the WG vacuum from the compressor housing

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
tee off your BOV line, run the BOV vacuum source to something AFTER the throttle.

I'd source the WG vacuum from the compressor housing

Source the boost gauge from the fpr line on the im. For the wg, you're going to get a better source from the im. Mine holds boost 10x better off the im than the compressor housing.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
maybe he need a pic ?

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turns out my boost gauge is out of calibration (I think) how much vaccum should I be pulling at idle approximtaely? Because at idles I'm pulling 30 in/hg and under load the lowest it will go is approximately 20 in/hg.

·
Registered
1998 Civic coupe ex
97 Posts
i am getting the same vac readings and it sounds like you need to adjust your wastegate , unless you really have some large leaks in your pipe and couplers.

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am getting the same vac readings and it sounds like you need to adjust your wastegate , unless you really have some large leaks in your pipe and couplers.
I'm running an external wastegate.

Boost leaks are probably the culprit.

·
Registered
2011 VW Jetta Tdi
106 Posts
You definitely want your vac/boost source for the wg and boost gauge to be as close to its final source as possible, which in this case would be the im. run them off of the im and youll get the most accurate reading you can get. I would use one off the throttle body or the map sensor and that should be good. Make sure you use good tee fittings also to prevent leaks.

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So from the compressor housing to the wastegate is not a good source? If so why not?

Yeah I have the boost gauge T'd in after the TB.

So would I necessarily hear the bov if I wasn't seeing boost? It's not loud at all but I can hear it if I try hard enough (like I said I am 99% sure my charge pipes are leaking).

·
Registered
2011 VW Jetta Tdi
106 Posts
The compressor housing has temperature fluxuations that will give you slightly different readings than the im would. The im will give you the closest to consistent readings due to the ambient temperature being much more consistent. As far as hearing the bov, it depends on what kind you have and what boost levels youre achieving. I dont hear mine until i reach at least 5psi but i know that its working.

·
11,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The compressor housing has temperature fluxuations that will give you slightly different readings than the im would. The im will give you the closest to consistent readings due to the ambient temperature being much more consistent. As far as hearing the bov, it depends on what kind you have and what boost levels youre achieving. I dont hear mine until i reach at least 5psi but i know that its working.
DSM 1g

·
Registered
2011 VW Jetta Tdi
106 Posts
I would imagine with a dsm bov you would hear a little noise from pressure release at any boost level. I know those open up pretty easily under low boost pressure. The only other thing is that you might not hear it from other noise covering it up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts