Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know a danm thing about trans, except they are what gets your car down the road. Anyways I have a 91 CRX Si and would like to know if the trans thats in it is any good or should I upgrade it or to another trans? Also where do I find what type of trans it is? Does it say on it or not?

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
If it's the manual trans, and it is the stock tranny and doesn't grind, keep it. It has a closer ratio than the other trannies, and good for the excelleration. I'm not sure on the specs of the tranny though

is there anything wrong with it?

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first there is nothing wrong with the trans that I have right now. No grinds, clunks, or anything like that. It is the stock trans (5 speed). Now as far as replacing the diff pin or the whole diff with an OBX LSD. Which on is better? I'd think the LSD but like I said befor I don't know crap about trans. About how much is an OBX LSD? Would a stage 2 clutch and a different flywheel do anything?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
well, before you go spending cash, read about what an LSD does and how it might benefit you.

It's kind of a suspension mod at the same time since it will affect the handling characteristics of your car. And that's something you need to be aware of first.

Just in case, LSD = limited slip differential

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right I know what a LSD is and what it does. but I haven't read anything about how it affects handling. Besides the fact when a wheel makes one rotation with out grip the other one starts to rotate to. Thats about all I keep reading. haven't checked this site yet.

getting ready for work I'll see what I can find out tomarrow.

Thanks.

B

·
0 Posts
Mrhalder there is a frequently asked question thread at the top of this forum that will answer a lot of your questions and give you some of the tools to find answers for new questions you will have. Start there and poke around with the search function and you will have a wealth of information open up before you.

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks never crossed my mind to read the sticky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts