Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K this is what i have on my hands here. i really dont want to sound like a noob but O well i need some help. OK i have a 89 crx Hf and i want to do a swap cuz i sold my d15 motor and i wanted to do a b20 vtec. well some things happend and moneys not coming in like it was a few mounths back so i was think hey i have a d16a6 block and rebuilt head so why dont i put that in and boost it.well i dont know if i should rebuild the d16a6 bottom end and boost it and put the a6 head are buy a vtec y8 head for the a6 bottom end. WHAT DO I DO HELP ME PLZ!!!! O yea one more thing i was going to put all new pistons and rods in the a6 block also.the motor as 100,000 miles on it to.

·
Registered
280 Posts
ok lemme see if i am understanding your question right?

it sounds like you only have enough money to build your a6, or buy a y8 head and you are tryin to decide between the two?

if that is the question, buildin the a6 block will cost much more than buyint a y8 or z6 head. BUT in my opinion it will be much better if you just build the a6 block with some low comp pistons and put the a6 head on. your car will be much faster if you are boostin 15 psi on a forged a6 block. then you would be with a turbo mini me.

thats just my .02

matt

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well whats the best turbo and psi to run? and what kind of ecu tuning is out of the obdo? has hondata made anything yet? what kind of cam and CS are out there for the d16a6 head??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts