Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im planning on starting a junkyard turbo build up im looking for 250whp.....i will list what i plan on getting any suggestions are appreciated.

D16z6
Port&Polish, Zex 59300(is this good for turbo?), Custom Fabricated I/M,
Eagle rods, oem honda bearings and rings., Skunk2 camgear, 450cc injectors, Blockguard, not sure on turbo suggestions please.....i want to run 12+ psi....Johnnyracecar intercooler....custom exhaust. Some kind of engine management...B&M FPR.....i want to try for 250whp with just boost then add a 70 shot too. :D

B

·
0 Posts
You won't need the port & polish, zex cam, custom IM, skunk2 cam gear, B&M fpr, or block guard. Unless you going for a lot of horsepower your stock motor will be fine. There's no need for the nitrous either, just up the boost it you want more power. I would look nito getting a T3 super 60 or T3 60 trim turbo. I would look into uberdata for fuel management also. I plan on putting rods/pistons in my car eventually and I am going for 300whp on my stock Z6.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well already got the B&M fpr and zex cam i guess ill just sell my whole all-motor head but ill keep my skunk2 camgear cause its way cool :D ....well i was aiming for 250WHP should i get block guard to be safe?? where can i find one of these t3 60 trim turbos....Thanks for the help.

B

·
0 Posts
I don't know much about N/A heads for F/I setups and porting and all that, but if you already have the head ported you might as well keep it because I'm sure it flows better than a stock head. With proper fuel management and tuning your stock sleeves will be fine. Block guards are worthless and I would stay away from them, do a few searches and you will see why. I got my T3 60 trim .60/.48 turbo off eBay from "down2turbo" for $310 shipped. I plan on keeping the same setup when I go for 300whp and I don't plan on doing anything to my sleeves. The only thing I am going to do is tune my car really well.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i was gonna sell it cause it was milled .040.....then get a stock z6 head and port it.....Do you think with a setup like this i will be able to run 12's with good traction in a 89 crx hf???

B

·
0 Posts
In a 2,000 pound car (including driver) with 300whp 12's wouldn't be a problem. With traction I would expect 11's.

B

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
which is better internal wastegate or external??....if you have a internally wastegate you wouldnt need a wastegate bolted to your exhaust mani.?

B

·
0 Posts
An internal wastegate would be attached to your turbo instead of the manifold. External wastegates are better. My internal wastegate creeps at higher loads. In first and second gear I might get around 8 psi, but in third and forth gear it will be around 9 psi. My internal gate works for now though, but I do plan on getting an external.

B

·
0 Posts
I would sell the head and use the money for other turbo parts or better yet big front brakes or good tires. You can easily get 3-400whp out of a stock Z6 head so I don't feel it's even worth messing with on a turbo street car that doesn't need to rev high.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bailhatch said:
I would sell the head and use the money for other turbo parts or better yet big front brakes or good tires. You can easily get 3-400whp out of a stock Z6 head so I don't feel it's even worth messing with on a turbo street car that doesn't need to rev high.
Yea i got 93 gsr front brakes and 91 si rear discs....just need some better tires and a better clutch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts