Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, well everything is going good for the obx lsd install. I ran into one problem thuough. One of the bolts that holds the ring gear on is totally stripped. It was able to just slide out. I need to know where i can pick up another one of these bolts at.

Or does anyone have one lying around that they can ship to me?

thanks

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Paging Mista Bone...Mista Bone please report to Transmission alley

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paging Mista Bone...Mista Bone please report to Transmission alley
yeah, maybe bone can help me out. Im not sure why the hell the bolt is stripped. hope it isnt a bad thing

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
you may want to post a pic or two so he will know exactly what bolt you are refering to... $0.02

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
well, my motor, tranny, car, everything.......is about an hour away at a friends house. thats where we are building it at. I wont be able to get them up for a day or two until i go down there next.

I havent seen it becuse my friend took it to work with him today to get the bearing and everything off of the old diff. So, he called me and told me that one of the ring gear bolts was stripped and wanted to know if i could find another..........so i havent seen it yet.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
well, my motor, tranny, car, everything.......is about an hour away at a friends house. thats where we are building it at. I wont be able to get them up for a day or two until i go down there next.

I havent seen it becuse my friend took it to work with him today to get the bearing and everything off of the old diff. So, he called me and told me that one of the ring gear bolts was stripped and wanted to know if i could find another..........so i havent seen it yet.
go to this site, put in your info, when you see the exploded view, save the pic and use ms paint to show bone the bolt your haveing issues with... actually i think everything is numberd so jut say what number it is... just post the pic up on here... :TU:

there's more than one way to skin a cat :)

http://estore.honda.com/sitedown.asp?404;http://estore.honda.com/asp/logon.asp

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does anyone know another link to a site that shows all of the transmission parts and bolts?

thanks

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
just take the bolt to a hardware store.. you should be able to find what your needing and a whole lot cheaper than anywhere else id imagine

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just take the bolt to a hardware store.. you should be able to find what your needing and a whole lot cheaper than anywhere else id imagine
does it need to be a grade 8..................prolly a stupid question, but just making sure.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
does it need to be a grade 8..................prolly a stupid question, but just making sure.
i would say grade 8 or even grade 10 if you can find it would be fine...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,797 Posts
I've got plenty of spare diff bolts, PM me a mailing address.

Hardware store won't have a LH thread bolt :)

How when did the bolt strip? What diff were you working with?

PICS DAMNIT!

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got plenty of spare diff bolts, PM me a mailing address.

Hardware store won't have a LH thread bolt :)

How when did the bolt strip? What diff were you working with?

PICS DAMNIT!
i dont know how the bolt stripped? I curious about it also. It was the only one stripped evidently. But like i said, i have not made the drive to see it yet. My friend helping me with the car had the stock diff at his work getting the bearing and ring gear off, and he said one of the bolts was totally stripped and was able to just slide out. I am probably going down there tonight because i need to bring my cam and gasket kit downt there.

But it is one of the ring gear bolts, so i will pm my mailing address...........and i will try to get pics up of it as soon as i can.

thanks

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,797 Posts
I'll be out in the garage tonight (freaking cold!) and grabbing parts.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts