Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there was a Delslow (had to do it) at the junk yard and i snagged parts off of it and stuff like that and didnt think about snagging anything off of the Z6 but the vtec solinoid since it was pretty bare anyways......

But the next day going the motor trans was all laid out someone just took all the major bolts that conntects stuff together needless to say i hid that trans and took the head for now and hid the block....so I am planning on a Z6 build finally I jsut bought a engine lift for 65$'s and a engine stand (already purchased for a build that never happened....)

I plan on putting this motor in either of my hatches either my 95 cx or 94 si
Just to give you an idea of what I plan on doing is to drive it daily and go to track events. no drag racing for me.....

So ive read sorta up on two set-ups high compression n/a or go turbo I have a 1990 garret volvo 760turbo I purchased awhile back for my old 940se that has been sitting in my basement but besides that I only have a hf manifold i could adapter plate to use for a turbo set-up.....

Which one would you suggest for a daily driver/ track car ?? or would you suggest something else?

If high compression could you point me to a thread or two with someone building said high comp motor ?? ive found alot of turbo builds but not to many high compressions

Thank you
John

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
when you say track, you mean auto-x or drag. If drag, than id say turbo, if auto-x than N/A due to the better power curve. And with N/A it really depends on what you want. YOu an go all out like SOHC_Student or Rushi or just some mildstuff like mild head work and a Stg.2 cam. If its DD, you dont want to do an all out N/A.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
n/a but depends on how fast you wanna go and how much you wanna spend

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I plan on racing in auto x starting may 11th but thats with my cx and what i got with my other Z6 which is pretty much stock....

For the power im looking for something that is a ok amount i mean i want something better than what I have definately would like to shoot for 150-160 or a little more if possible hp.... And the money aspect not much to worry about i mean im saving up and trying to find a better job then where i am at.so money should not be a total issue

And just to give an idea of what i have right now its pretty much a stock z6 with no-name headers straight pipe to the back(i plan on changeing this back to my original z6 header since my mom things its to noisy and if a cop pulls me over and no cat i get a nice fine here in NY....and I also have a intake with a overly large k&n air filter. besides that there are no true other mods to the engine except downpipe back exhaust. Not to mention my Vtec is not working also (wiring issue to fix at a later date)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts