Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have turbo stuff ready for my car. small 16g injectors oil lines everything. well almost. i need a tuning device. i dont under stand anything a out crome and how it works with a chipped ecu. i want hondata but its to expensive. what about an fmu would that do the trick. the main thing here is that i dont want to blow up my motor. any advice.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
where are you located at?? if your in socal i can get your ecu chipped for you and basemapped from a shop.. or you can order a chipping kit and basemap from xenocron.com ....

do not run a fmu.. and what 16g injectors are you running dsm blue tops??

·
Registered
99'civic 4D
253 Posts
I would go with NEPTUNE if you live in the westcoast. Alot options avalible that the other management don't have!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i have heard a little about neptune but not to much. is there a web site. i am actually in albuquerque new mexico. would that shop that you know of chip my ecu if i send it to them. i do a lot of traveling from southern new mexico to northern so i dont want reliability to go down the drain and be stuck on the side of the road with a busted ass boosted honda. let me know a little bit about where i can get info on these tuning devices and chipping my ecu. thanks.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I wouldnt run a FMU those are not safe.. Spend a little extra money and have someone burn you a good basemap whether its chrome or not.. You will be sorry in end and unhappy if you just throw a FMU on there and go.

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
fmu is like a bad case of herpes in a turbo settup.
from what i hear neptune is nice but the price thats meant for a baller.
i use chrome-pro which has worked fine for me, and theres a free version without data logging.
theres also uberdata.
what id do if i where you is find someone to tune your ride and ask what engine management he is comfortable using.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
free crome has datalogging...

anyway... im in cali.. so idk about shipping stuff around... i would search for a speedshop that does dynotuning.. and like the guy above stated.. ask what hes comfortable using

1 - 8 of 8 Posts