Honda D Series Forum banner

Need some good exhaust tips

2K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  slow_crx 
#1 ·
i'm planning a turbo setup for my del sol and i'd like a quiet exhaust. now i'm gonna be running a side exit exhaust so i'll be just using a resonator and a test pipe since the test pipe is more free flowing and i have no emissions problems in my state. so my question is what would be a good resonator and test pipe combo to use to get a fairly quiet exhaust?

#3 ·
what u mean?

#5 · (Edited)
well i know it ain't gonna be quiet i mean i ain't lookin for quiet. i just don't want obnoxoius and annoyin.

oh also i realized after i posted this thread that the title was kinda misleading.

#6 ·
not going to happen with out a muffler. a resonator will only trim the noise down a little. it will still be loud under full spin.

for size:
crawl under the car and measure for the biggest one you can fit. or a relatively small one, like 12 inches. and then a tube style muffler that is also about 12 inches. this should take up the center straight section. imho, this would be your best bet.

#7 ·
ok well i might have to rethink my exhaust setup.. cuz i'm wanting a sleeper kinda sound ya know something quiet and non threatening. what about it exiting out the back through the stock muffler with test pipe? would that be too loud than stock?

#9 ·
well dang i'm trying to come up with something vaguely quiet and pretty stock looking. u got any good suggestions?

#11 ·
well thats what the ecutout is for. i wanna be able to talk normally in my car.. not like kyles. lol

#14 ·
thats my plan.:TU:

#21 ·
I run a 3" QTEC e-cutout with a 2.5" straight mandrel-bend exhaust with Dynomax Superturbo muffler and Magnaflow resonator.

It's quiet when I don't boost (cutout closed) and I got all the free-exhaust-power I need when I boost (cutout opened).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.